Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So, I feel like the luckiest lady in the world at the moment. My gorgeous fella took me to VW Leeds and bought me a gorgeous brand new UP!

The option I went for was the High UP! me and my daughter like the idea of having our rear ends heated on a cold day
, Candy White - with the sexxxy red dash and salsa grey interior. As you can imagine I was a tad excited and have now developed obsessive compulsive of scouring the internet for piccies haha!

I was told that it would be approx 12 weeks delivery!!! really hoping its quicker than that.

My hubby is so impressed with the little 1litre and its funky look, that we are going this weekend to order another one! He really loves the Light blue, and next to mine of the drive you'll be able to notice the gorgeous yet subtle difference.

We will have to get some Mr & Mrs decals lol!

Anyways nice to meet you all

TOODLES

XXXXXX

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Perhaps our first Mr & Mrs UP!s...double congratulations....I'm buying this to teach my son to drive then give him it at which point I'll need another car.....as thing go right now, It could well be another Up!....maybe an UP! GT if VW get a move on and announce it.

I've been waiting 5+ weeks so-far and the end is still not in sight, I know what you mean by piccy-searching!

Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Private, What a lucky son! Perfect as a first time car - cheap insurance, road tax etc.

I was very impressed with the UP! I test drove the Skoda Citigo - effectively I know its the same car, but somehow the UP! seemed of a much better quality and I loved all the different options so you can personalise!

I can't wait to add a few little tasteful mods to it, just to add a little moreoriginality!

I have a feeling this is going to be a very popular car!!!

xx

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
my only regret is that the BMT is still not available on the UP! white.....wonder why? otherwise I hope he realises how lucky he is !lol!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh I didn't realise BMT notavailableon White. I wasn't convinced on it until i test drove and I thought it was fab! Just have to get into the habit on taking it out of gear! I often just bite the clutch!

I loved the white actually, I nearly did get it. But my bright and bubbly personality fell in love with Red high gloss dash --- typical women always go for bright and shiny lol Bling bling!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
hi and welcome and you are indeed a very lucky woman!

I think there is a little confusion going on, you can get a white coloured up with bluemotion however it has to be the move up model, not take, high or the special edition up! white

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Willow,

We ordered on Sunday from VW Leeds - and we've deffo got the High UP! 75bhp with BMT. Funnily enough the post has just delivered mybrochure

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi Carlyup! and welcome to the forum
I also purchased my high up! from Leeds VW and it is being built this week (hopefully) so I am not far away from taking delivery (although still another 3-4 weeks) total time is still around 11-12 weeks from order placement (dealer quoted "around 9 weeks")

If you look at the specification of my car, its not just you ladies that like bright shiny bling things

For pictures of the up! try: http://www.netcarshow.com/volkswagen/2013-up/

Also look in the gallery section of the forum for members cars

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha Tony - Glad someone else is into the bling bling too!

Thanks for the link! - I can satisfy my OCD a little more lol

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Welcome Carlyup

I'm sure there will be lots of pics posted in the gallery this week and next week as there are lots on here due to take delivery, so you will have lots of viewing material

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hi Carlyup and welcome to the forum. what a lovely hubby you have, you lucky girl.

I picked my Light Blue Move up! from VW Leeds yesterday, took just over 12 weeks in total.

The wait's horrendous but you have all the lovely forum members to chat with which helps pass the time.

Do you actually live in Leeds because if you do, I'm going to have to put my foot down I'm afraid. I can't allow anyone else in this fair city to own a Light Blue, your hubby will just HAVE to choose another colour

Actually, if he does get one, the blue is the one to go for, it is totally GORGEOUS.

Have fun waiting

·
Registered
956 Posts
yapmaul said:
Clowesa, is you camera broken???!!

No, I was going to wait until I was off on Friday and go somewhere nice to take pics. However, as bugbabe has already pointed out, it looks like it's going to be persisting down on Friday so I'll take some tomorrow when it'll be nicer weather but a slightly less spectacular location. If you really can't wait, here are some boring ones from last night.

·
Registered
956 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
Yapmaul, Clowesa is waiting for Friday when she has a day off and it will be raining cats and dogs

Hmmm OK, not such a brilliant idea maybe. Trying to decide where to go after work tomorrow to try and get some good stuff, although to be fair, I don't think I'll get any better ones of the colour than those I posted last night & on here just now.

Anyway, it's YOURS we want to be looking at tomorrow, mine's old hat now

·
Registered
525 Posts
Those are perfect shots of the blueness, Clowesa! It's a much better colour than I thought it would be and I have to say that with that interior yours is one of the best looking cars on here! Almost wish I'd gone for the sun roof. No I don't. Couldn't afford it!Edited by: yapmaul

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
You're right Clowesa, they really do show off the color well, it must be your amazing camera and ICT skills

And I might let you look at mine tomorrow

It is annoying though not being able to upload pics directly from my iPad or iPhone. If anyone has a workaround I would be grateful to hear it Edited by: bugbabe34

1 - 20 of 37 Posts