Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested to know what kind of discounts people managed to get off the list price. I've seen the figure of 6% mentioned. Am I being optimistic in thinking some kindly salesperson would consider 8% (or more)??

·
Registered
811 Posts
I didn't get discount as such but I managed to get £500 extra for my part exchange and free servicing which altogether equates to about 7% of the list price of a High Up. This did take some serious haggling and two trips to 'see the manager'.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got about 4.5% and a very generous trade-in, about 20% more than book.

I don't care where the dealers account for the discount (straight discount, "dealer contribution", increased trade-in, manufacturer finance promotion etc.) it's just the bottom line that matters.

This was the second dealer we tried though, the first was well off the mark barely offering £300 off list. All in, the deal from the second dealer was over £700 better over the 3 year term than the first so it is worth researching before you even step into a dealership and knowing exactly what you are likely to be able to get.

·
Registered
592 Posts
£500 extra on the part ex is the usual dealer ploy. They usually start at bottom book, on the hope that the purchaser accepts which means more profit when they trade the car for more. They will always increase the p/ex price (in stages) at least up to the underwritten figure they have obtained for the car. If they have to offer more than that, this will be from their profit margin on the new car.

If you have no p/ex then you can usually negotiate a discount but on the Up, I doubt if you will get any more than £500 as Allybasher states.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I also got a decent trade in, about the same as I would have got from a private sale on Autotrader and £1000 more than webuyanycar.com world offer me.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I got £600 off my Take up! last July and you should get around £800 off of a High up!

VW are starting to discount a little more than they were, I always go in with a size 10 boot TBH and see what happens. Always deals to be done and if one dealer won't budge try another who will.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got 15000 Swedish krowns off my price. That is like 1530 brittsh pounds, I have a allmost fully equipped up! I had no car for trade. I also had some equipment installed ar the dealer. My up had a list Price of 159 000 kr all included. I got it for a

·
Registered
80 Posts
It is difficult to compare prices across countries, hence taxes and other things that can make a difference in price. car manufacturer seldom has 10 percent as profit, more like 4 percent is true

·
Registered
430 Posts
In UK showrooms I doubt you'll get much discount off the UP! Due to current demand and lack of surpass stock. However, time it right at the end of this month and you could get a great deal on extras due to the new registration. Don't be afraid to ring around, dealers will throw extras at you for free if they are behind on new car registrations. For the September registration last year I was offered a metallic black Move UP BMT with M&M, sensor pack and spare wheel (the car in the showroom) for £9440 which at time was the basic price for this model without the extras, trouble is I wanted white so wasn't tempted but the next couple of weeks is the right time for deals .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts