Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2020 e.up and I love it. Just the other day I got a message that there is a software update for my car.

Has anyone else had this and if so, what does this update do/give me that I don’t already have.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi, I have a 2020 e.up and I love it. Just the other day I got a message that there is a software update for my car.

Has anyone else had this and if so, what does this update do/give me that I don’t already have.
Mine is in with VW for a warranty repair and the technician said there is an update that he has applied - possibly to charge controller* but I will know early next week when it is repaired.
It is a 2018 model so granny charger power is 2,3Kw (will stay same) the next stage up will prolly be 7Kw instead of 3.6 with 40 max still the same. That would be mainly to suit the new ones with 32.3Kw batteries instead of 18.7. Could be other things but more news next week.

·
Registered
257 Posts
There is a Knowledge Base article for all the EVs made 2020 from Volkswagen and they are recalling for a software update.

https://www.youtube.com/post/Ugzujlp98d5TFvFTun14AaABCQ
interesting - that refers to an actual battery change due to 'damaged cells'. Mine was made in 2018 so before this (and my new one isn't made yet so after it). I wonder if they mean battery change as well as software update - perhaps the boosted charge rate to cope with a bigger traction battery was damaging cells.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts