Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shopped around and the best quote was actually VW Insurance which is Allianz. Fully comp with me and the Missus was £243. With Protected no claims bonus of 7yrs and 9yrs. Includes legal cover, courtesy car and VW dealer repairs.
Bargain methinks. My previous insurance was £400 with Kwikfit fully comp for a Focus 1.6 TDCI Hatchback.

The VW quote started at £293 but he said if I said yes today he would knock £50 quid off.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I pay about £210 for me only, 7 years NCB, legal cover, courtesy car (14 days I think). I am 48 and male, so premiums tend to be low. VW insurance was much higher. Sounds like you got a good price for two people.

I simply transferred my existing insurance from my old car to this one, and that way I will get the full extra year NCB when I renew in September. The old car was scrapped, sadly, sob sob ...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the insurance it was more expensive with just me on the policy??? When I added the Missus it was significantly cheaper I guess as her NCB was 9yrs compared to my 7. Go figure.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just got a quote of £1128.
Was well chuffed with that! Vast improvement over my Golf 1.6 which I paid £2000 for last year!

·
Registered
421 Posts
montys1 said:
On the insurance it was more expensive with just me on the policy??? When I added the Missus it was significantly cheaper I guess as her NCB was 9yrs compared to my 7. Go figure.
Works the same way with parent and child obviously they think your wife driving is far superior to your own!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ouch!! My wife is 2 years older so I guess it's like a senior citizens discount thing. (she's 48 and hopefully won't see this post!)

·
Registered
315 Posts
£162.92

Fully Comp / 7 Yrs NCB / 2 Drivers 49 & 55 / £200 Excess / £75 Windscreen / Protected NCB

With Provident via Quoteline Direct - our existing insurers.

We live in the Lake District.

Current record holders!

Can we be beat? No cheating by the ultra-competitive!

Edited by: VWXYZ

·
Registered
66 Posts
£296 with LV compared to £577 with VW and I work for them! I thought the service offered by LV was excellent also, would strongly recommend.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Anyone have Tesco yet, I rang end of last month they hadn't got a clue what an up! was....idiots

·
Registered
160 Posts
VW insurance was £250but Direct Line £208 - 2 months free and second car discount. Also quoted £800 to include my daughter with provisional licence!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I only managed £231 with Allianz (which also underwrites for VW!). VW quoted £302 and then £50 discount = £252. I went on comaprethemarket.com and got it cheaper. Good service, too.

·
Registered
144 Posts
wow awesome insurance quotes! im paying £500 with 0yrs NCB

·
Registered
525 Posts
£135.92 from the AA! Protected No Claims. £400 excess and breakdown cover that I don't need. If only I had a car! Ordered March 18 and not even a build date yet. Is there a prize for the lowest quote?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts