Up Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

having an incredibly annoying issue with my 2014 Mii where sometimes the car won’t start and seems dead, no cranking, only clicking from what I assume is the starter. Initially I assumed the battery was dead but having tested it with a multimeter and taking it for a few battery test at a local garage it seems to have no issues.the multimeter also seems to rule out teye alternator aswell, so I'm left scratching my head at why it won’t start and why it’s only some of the time, thre also seems to be no obvious correlation in conditions, sometimes it’s a hot day or a cold morning or a warm afternoon. I did clean some corrosion of th battery terminals as well but that hasn’t fixed anything. Also worth nothing on one occasion there was loud clicking from what I assume is a relay within the fuse box area on the driver side, including when the door was open, but no key in the ignition. If any one has any ideas that would be great, as I’m low on money atm, and I don’t want to start replacing random parts if it isn’t going to fix it haha

·
Registered
424 Posts
The "click" ought to be the starter relay. They should click. They can however, fail on any car, but not commonly. Check volts across the starter motor when turning the key. No volts across the starter means bad relay more than likely.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts