Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first entry into a forum and the problem may be covered already but there doesn't appear to be 'find' box on the website to check. I have a WhiteUP reg UK Sept 12 and wondered why all the windows were steaming up - blaming the poor airflow design for clearing, but although this aspect isn't very good, the problem was that the carpets (under the floor-mats) were glistening with water
There has been no visible leaks and I'll report once the dealer has had a look.

Any previous issues with this anyone?
By the way, love the car - does so well for a tiny box! Hate the miniature labelling on the controls and the desperately poor touch-screen.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Poorly fitted windscreen and blocked drain ports are two issues that have been found to cause water ingress on a couple of up!'s. If you have wet carpets then there is a water ingress issue, only needs to be thetinniest of holes to cause a leak.

I hope they find it!

·
Registered
397 Posts
grumpyagain said:
1) there doesn't appear to be 'find' box ..... 2) wondered why all the windows were steaming up ..... 3) the problem was that the carpets (under the floor-mats) were glistening with water ... Any previous issues with this anyone?
Welcome to the party!

To respond to your queries:
1) The 'Find' box - click on TOPIC SEARCH (at the very top of these posts - to the right of where it says MESSAGE) and then click on ADVANCED SEARCH
2) Steaming up - see Topics "Clearing Moisture from the Windscreen" and "Windscreen clearing problems" and " Steamy windows at the push ..." and "Misting windscreen", et al.
3) Wet carpets - yes some windscreens not fully sealed at the factory. The up! Demonstrator (12-plate) I had for a day smelled horribly of dampness. Two days later it was undergoing a constant hosepipe playing water onto the windscreen - right in front of the main VW showroom. That car is now on the forecourt for sale.

Edited by: PeterWestSussex

·
Registered
619 Posts
My car had a leak due to lack of sealant around the windscreen - the body shop at my local dealership had to take the windscreen out to fix the issue properly.

I only noticed the problem when the weather got colder and the condensation got so bad I had to dry the windows with paper towels before I could drive off. The carpets in both front footwells were absolutely soaking and, being covered with thick mats, I had not noticed. There was also a bit of a smell...

Incidentally, my sister's Up tends to 'fog up' inside but there are no leaks as far as we can see. I think folks just have to be prepared to run the air conditioning, where fitted, or crack the window open to improve the ventilation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts