Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning, folks.
Our daughter's car (which is actually a Mii - sorry) seems to be running very cold and she's struggling to get any heat into the cabin.
I took it for a run myself with the Garmin display on the temp guage and, if driven pretty hard, the temp went up to 90C and the heater was fine (not great, fine).
But gentler driving had the temp dropping pretty quickly, and our daughter reported it barely went above 60C on her 8 mile drive through traffic to work.
Coolant level is fine. no apparent leaks etc.
Any ideas please, faulty thermostat maybe?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am no mechanic, but it could be the thermostat stuck open. This used to happen to my old sports cars years ago.

Also the weather has been very cold recently which would not help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The 1.0mpi has two thermostats, one or both of these will be stuck open. Mine was doing the same. They are on the end of the block in the water pump housing, they can be bought separately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 1.0mpi has two thermostats, one or both of these will be stuck open. Mine was doing the same. They are on the end of the block in the water pump housing, they can be bought separately.
I've heard there's one controls engine water flow and one controls heater water flow?
I guess the varying engine temp means it's the engine one?
If the engine was maintaining a steady temp and the heater was still poor, you'd look at the other one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts