Up Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

First time poster. I saw this had been answered once previously some years ago, but wanted to triple check as it's quite important.

We're expecting our first child (yay), and have a 3 door Up, which thus far has been perfect for our needs. Bought it used a couple of years ago.

My friends tell me there's no way we'll get a child seat in a 3 door car, but the internet tells me probably otherwise, though it may be a bit awkward? Our friends are used to living comfortably and transporting half the house with them, so I'm not sure if it's just one of those things they couldn't handle but we'll find a way to put up with just fine. We aren't rolling in cash and some browsing tells me new/used cars are expensive right now. The Up hasn't lost a lot of value, but it's a lot less than the recommended used small family car choices (VW Golf, Ford Focus). It's my first car after living in the city for many years, so I'm not very clued up on car things. I'm kicking myself for not buying a 5 door, but there weren't any available at the time.

Follow on question, if you can manage a child seat, up to what age is it doable? The last post suggested a 4 year old was okay.

Thanks for any help and advice, much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yes you'll get it in, but probably have a bad back after a couple of times of trying to get the child in and out is the answer.We have had 5-door Up's for the last 7 years for precisely that reason,. Our Grandkids are 12 and 9 now, so don't need car seats, but I would never go back to a three door..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes you'll get it in, but probably have a bad back after a couple of times of trying to get the child in and out is the answer.
Thanks, I suspected this could be the case. We're not tall (5'7 and 5'6) so at least we can not rush into anything and get by if we really have to until we find something better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts