Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How high are the taxes in Your Country's for Your UP!?

Before buying my UP! in Argentina, at the agency they told me I had to pay 3.5% of the value of the car as taxes at year, divided into 5 or 6 payments.

But now I found the government modified the tax rate for the year 2014, and now I must to pay 4.54% of the total value of the car as taxes at year. Like for a total value of AR$ 138.500 I must to pay AR$ 6.300 at year.

I found this site:
http://www.thegreencarwebsite.co.uk/green-cars/volkswagen/up/

On which appear this chart:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
In Germany it depends on the CO2emission.

For a 95 g/km you have to py 20 Euro.
For every g/km more, you have to pay 2 Euro extra.

My 60 BHP has 105 g/km, so I have to pay 40 Euro per year.
The 75 BHP hat 108 g/km, so owners have to pay 46 Euro per year.

We have to pay for every vehicle we own, even if we drive them alone.
So, I have to pay for a car and two motorbikes - but can only drive/ride one of the three at one time. This is different in Austria. There you can change the number plates (and have to pay for the most expensive of them).

You can not only watch the car taxes ...
You also have to look at fuel taxes, road taxes or general taxes ...

The tax for a Diesel car is much higher but to fuel taxes much lower.

Many cars in Germany are also company cars. You have to pay 1% of the car value to drive it privately and "pay for nothing". So, my high up! with many extras would cost me 1500 Euro per year but company would have to pay fuel, washing, maintenance, tyres +++

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
proud_darcy said:
180 or 190 euro per year dependent on CO2 level in Ireland.
Argentina is the country where everything works backwards compared to Europe.

The oldest cars and trucks, which are those that pollute more, pay nothing in taxes.

Only vehicles with less than 15 years pay taxes. For example a car with a value of AR$ 50000 pays 3.4% of his value at year, and a VW High UP! 5 dr, pays 4.54% of his value at year, with no matter how much it contaminated the environment.

Regards

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cadfael said:
Hi Juan,

we also have "H" number plates for "historic" cars - older than 20 years ...
But most of them are really historic vehicles, owners love ...
Here there are also collectible vehicles, but is not found every day on the highway. Only in special events or historic racing.

The problem is when I go to work and the freeway is very congested, I should go dodging car exhaust, of the cars with a blown motor or truck with the injection unattended, or clogged air filter. For the first they emit clouds of blue smoke with oil, in the second case, they emit brown clouds of smokeby the content of carbon particles.

Regards

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well, I have to pay £61/year in CO2 Emissions tax.
Then again.. Here in Denmark, we got 181% registration tax when first buying the car....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts