Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone recommend a good wax to put on my white Up!? In previous posts Ebay has been mentioned as a cheaper alternative to the VW process. Having looked at the Ebay products there seems to be an amazing selection of brands etc. I'd much rather pick fellow Up! brains than waste money...
Also, has anyone bought the door sills from Ebay and would you recommend them, again over rather pricey VW ones? If so, are they easily fitted by a non technical aging crock?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Hi flossie, I've always used zymol wax on my cars...brilliant but quite expensive

I've bought the life shine pdi pack on eBay and it's waiting for my car to arrive, going to give it a go...ps, life shine pdi kit can be had for £10-15 , somewhat less than a vw dealer!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Well it depends how much you want to spend... I have boat loads of cleaning gear I dread to think how much I have spent, but my car always looks mint.

It's all in prep if you ask me, cleanse the paint work first with a good wash, gentle polish - autoglyms super resin polish is very easy to use. Then apply a car wax or sealent to paint work.

As for waxes/ sealents if you want excellent value and lasting protection you can't go wrong with a tin of collinite 915. Ithe tin is huge! Not the easiest product to use if you slap on thick, thin coats & panel at a time should do the trick.

Dodo juice waxes go on and off easy, doesn't last as long but are very easy to work with. They come in different colours and flavours, but will work on all colours of paint my favourite

Detailingworld has boat loads of info at hand, the beauty of all the car care kit is it lasts. If you see an Autosmart truck about you can get some excellent bulk products at a cracking price.

·
Registered
523 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
£40,000 is that a joke? Or is it made out of crushed diamonds?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I use MER Polish and MER Wax... Seems to work really well... Did the Touran in it all the other week... That was HARD WORK!!!

·
Registered
956 Posts
flossie said:
Also, has anyone bought the door sills from Ebay and would you recommend them, again over rather pricey VW ones? If so, are they easily fitted by a non technical aging crock?

Hi flossie, I've got the eBay door sills (thanks again bugbabe) and they look really nice, definitely worth the money. I was going to take a couple of pics & post them last night but the weather was rubbish as usual and I need to give the car a bit of a once over anyway so I'll post them on here over the weekend so you can see what they look like

Edited by: clowesa

·
Registered
142 Posts
clowesa said:
flossie said:

Hi flossie, I've got the eBay door sills (thanks again bugbabe) and they look really nice, definitely worth the money. I was going to take a couple of pics & post them last night but the weather was rubbish as usual and I need to give the car a bit of a once over anyway so I'll post them on here over the weekend so you can see what they look like
I would also be interested in these, so could you post the ebay link with the pictures please?

·
Registered
705 Posts
As you're local to Lockwood International, go along and introduce yourself and say that you have a VW up! and would be interested in purchasing some kick plates. They could take the dimensions required from your car and start offering them as an option. You might get a discount for agreeing to be the guinea-pig. It certainly happens for owners of motorbikes who offer up their machine for measurements to be taken when a new model has been launched or a rare machine is involved.

Nick

·
Registered
198 Posts
Tony

I would be interested in some cill protectors, so maybe you could tell them there is a market for them from members on the UP! forum

thanks

Kevin

·
Registered
523 Posts
bugbabe34 said:
£40,000 is that a joke? Or is it made out of crushed diamonds?
Haha! Its insane isn't it? I would love to know who bought it. A tub of dodo juice will do me.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
By the way, the service was very efficient, they were delivered quickly and were well protected

1 - 16 of 16 Posts