Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put some carbon fiber vinyl om my rear bumper. I got it cheap from Biltema (sweden).

I will try to do the front bumper too, but I havn't decided of the desig yet. Maby you guys can help me. My favorite is number one. Maby you have a design of your own that you would like to share.
I will also put some vinyl behind the front VW badge.

Edited by: misano

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looking great, Misano!
Was it easy to do?

Had been thinking of wrapping the "mouth" of my Up! (when it finally arrives) and would agree with you on option 1 there.
Very smart

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was quite hard to get a good result, but with the help of my wife and some patience the end result was totallyok. The much more expensive 3M vinyl has small air chanels on the backside that will make it much more easy to get it right the first time. I did not know it was going to look good so I tryed the cheap vinyl first.
I made a template and made it 0,5cm shorter than the finished result as I know that it will stetch when you heat it. If I will do it again I will make the template 1,5cm shorter.Bare in mind ifyou stretch it to much it will go darker in that area.

I had a 1600W hot air gun so I had to be very careful not to melt the vinyl (or the car
).

We were standing on our knees. It would have been much easier to put the car on a lift.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I agree, number one is the best.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Not for me!

Good job

Looks like the aygo/106/c1 with the big rubber bit in the bumper

Sorry!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't really see the resemblance tog aygo/106/c1.

Sorry for the fish eye photos. This mod should probably be seen from a slight distance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for sharing your ideas and projects. I will go for the black (3M) diffuser myself after cutting for a twin exhaust tale which is in order from ebay. Has anybodyconsidered a black "frame" on the rear bumber as the prototype? It will also match the front better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're welcome! 3M would be the one to go for, but this one worked fine. For more complex shapes (like a side mirror) you probably need better vinyl.
I was thinking of the twin exhaust too, but I just don't have the time right now.
Hope to see your project soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still a bad photo from my mobile camera. I need to bring my DSLR to work so I can take a picture in daylight.
I'm really happy about the result. It was good to try some smaller peices on the tricky areas first before I put on the big sheat.

...and remember this: "There's no end to the possibilities"

(Williams "motocross")

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got the UP 2 weeks ago. I haven't had much time to modifications yet. So far I have installed a shorter antenna and some silver indicator bulbs in front. I will use the same vinyl wrap from Biltema on the door sills along wiht some nice aluminium vw "R" badges. I tested a part of the 3Mdi noc vinyl on the rear logo and I istalled an extra "R" on the left where there use to be an "UP" badge.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts