Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Nice repair to the bumper shame nowabout the new scratches. Needless to say when the car was handed back at 5 minutes to closing after leaving me sitting in the waiting room for 45 minutes when the car was brought round barely dry after being washed the guy who came out with me was standing by the wheel arch the whole time.

Back to the dealers again tomorrow

·
Registered
304 Posts
Bad service indeed... I would be livid!!!! I have noticed how soft/ thin/ delicate the paint is on the up... Next doors cats are eroding my bonnet day by day... I even noticed a flt squash in the bonnet had damaged the paint finish tonight gone through/ attacked the laquer)

Soft as .......Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That is very poor indeed! Did you notice them before you left?

·
Registered
142 Posts
truly shocking
how can somebody stand back and say thats ok? no wonder your replywas censored

·
Registered
122 Posts
Agree with idletony - that is absolutely shockingthey are supposed to be professionals not cowboys

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No they were shutting down round me it was 5.55 and they closed at 6they showed me the repair and it looked great but the service man was standing by the arch, the car was wet and was spotting with the soap. They'd tried to dry it but to be honest the soap marks look like they've washed it with plimpsol whitener.
Drove home, was in the house 45 minutes and then went to Zumba - had a good look round and spotted them then.

I've sent the same picture to the dealer tonight and said I'm coming in tomorrow, not happy at all and if it goesin for a third time I won't be taking it home

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It feels like the poor shoddy work you'd get from a back street garage not a VW Franchise

·
Registered
956 Posts
That's dreadful Zumba, what a mess and terrible service. I really hope they sort things out for you soon.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just can't understand how they've done it, maybe a scratch putting the bumper back on but it's all cross hatched.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Will be interesting to see how the react/handle it for you...

Fingers crossed they sort it out to your satisfaction, but that's terrible to see on a new car :(

·
Registered
523 Posts
Scuffs from clothing or tools dragging maybe? If you can feel the scratch with you finger nail, it will need painting. Hopefully it's just a light scratch and will polish out.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No you can feel the scratch, they're white as well - pic doesn't show them very well because if the pearl finish

·
Registered
118 Posts
That's absolutely terrible, I can't believe they didn't have the decency to point it out to you and tell you they would sort it after the bloody problems you've had. I'd definitely be looking for some kind of compensation on top of a respray for that! I cannot believe a reputable dealer would do something like this!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Over the past 30 years I've had cars looked after by main (VW) dealers, backstreet one-man-bands (various) and small local garages. For quality of service, reliability and price the main dealers come out top in only one department and that's price. It sounds like you will be more than a match for them, Zumbaqueen! Good luck.

·
Registered
423 Posts
My wife's Polo was in our dealers for a squeaky seat. They scratched the sill removing the seat but immediately owned up when she went to collect the car. It's in being sprayed now, and they collected the car from her work and left her a diesel Golf Plus. Not even sure if we would have noticed if they hadn't mentioned it, the scratches were not that big!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
It might of been easier to take if they would have admitted it! It's the deceit, the fact that they appeared to be trying to hide it from you, one can only assume with the thought in mind of saying 'but how do we know it was done here!'. Rotten cowards Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
304 Posts
Did they think by standing infront of it you may never have seen it.... You may have twigged I think when you looked out of your front window to see the guy from the dealership still standing next to your car on your drive! Underhand to say the least!

They will have to sort it... The dealership must be one of chipsaway's best customers in your area, with their (the dealerships) carelessness of customers paintwork.

Hope your back to 'nice n shiny' soon.Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
94 Posts
Major suckage. Did they think you wouldn't notice?

Many years ago, my dad took his original Scirroco (said it was years ago) for a service at a VW dealership. Came back to find the branch manager and the owner of the franchise waiting for him looking very sheepish.

After its service one of the mechanics had 'nipped' out in it to give it a run.... and buy some shopping while he was doing so. Wrote it off doing 50 in a 30 zone. Got the full value of the car that it was worth at the time plus 50% extra.

He then brought a nearly new XR3i with the money. Nice car.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Shocker.......Not only will they have to make it good but they should be compensating you for their incompetence ! Go Get 'em!! GRRRRR!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts