Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My CD player in the Up has decided it doesn't like my choice in music anymore and has stopped working.
My Take Up is a 62 plate, so still ok for manufacturer warranty?

It has worked fine up until this morning as I took a CD out the previous night, went to put a new one in this morning and it wouldn't accept it. The screen says there is already a CD in there where as I know there isn't. Holding the eject button does nothing, and when I press the media button to change it over from radio to CD it says 'CD Error Check CD' and makes a whirring noise.

A little look on Google yielded nothing in relation to the Up, but owners of other manufacturers thought it was to do with the loading sensor or the tray. I haven't been using CD's I have burnt myself if that makes any odds.

Thanks all,

Nick

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Had the same problem. It's a faulty CD player and should Be replaced under the warranty. Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
1 Posts
HELLO NICKK
I KNOW ITS BEEN A YEARS SINCE YOU POSTED THIS, BUT NOW I HAVE SAME PROBLEM , I JUST WANNA KNOW HOW DID YOU FIXED THE PROBLEM, PLEASE !? AND CAN U TELL ME WHAT SHOULD I DO .. ? THANK YOU

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Red Sam said:
HELLO NICKK
I KNOW ITS BEEN A YEARS SINCE YOU POSTED THIS, BUT NOW I HAVE SAME PROBLEM , I JUST WANNA KNOW HOW DID YOU FIXED THE PROBLEM, PLEASE !? AND CAN U TELL ME WHAT SHOULD I DO .. ? THANK YOU

Firstly, welcome but please stop shouting!

Like Nickk and other members who experienced the same issue (myself included), the head unit was replaced under Warranty by Volkswagen.

·
Registered
520 Posts
You haven't said how old your UP! is, if it's in warranty then take it back to dealer, if not then you might be able to get a replacement on eBay but then you might have a problem with the radio code. is it the RCD215? you could try to fix it, it probably a faulty microswitch or sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts