Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Upsters,

My wife bought our Up six months ago all is well other than the fact there is no central locking. I have had quotes from local garages for retro fitting CL but at £420 inc VAT or £650 inc for remote CL I wondered if anyone new of a cheaper alternative??

·
Registered
309 Posts
How much??? Is it a 3 or 5 door? You can get kits to install it yourself on various VW tuning websites

·
Registered
438 Posts
That seems terribly expensive! I'd stick with the key!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 3 door, and absolutely I would put up with the key but we are having another baby in a couple of months and logistically that is going to be an issue without CL. Thank you for help though I will looking into the kits

·
Registered
587 Posts
To add the comfort pack which included electric windows is only £350. A few years ago had a Fiesta fitted with CL for £200. Try a mobile fitter they are usually cheaper.Edited by: jezyg

·
Registered
467 Posts
retrofit price is so high because it's not only CL mechanism to be upgraded, but also the comfort block (car brains) where CL is connected.

·
Registered
587 Posts
b82ry said:
retrofit price is so high because it's not only CL mechanism to be upgraded, but also the comfort block (car brains) where CL is connected.

Only if you go the OEM route, third party system is just door lock motors and a few bits of wire. Comfort block also adds control for electric windows.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts