Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there to you all,

I do not yet own an UP! but I am wanting one. My question is simple. Can you direct a flow of air from the central air vents or not? Looking at pictures of them it seems that these air vents are for demisting the front windscreen only. But I wanted to ask you good people since you all own one

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, 27 views and still nobody can be arsed to answer me. Maybe when it gets to 100, one nice person will make a comment?

·
Registered
140 Posts
You can't position the air flow of the centre one.. But the one on the side is more then adequate to position.. Also on hot days the car cools very quickly with the AC!! Lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
No problem.

I've had my up! Since 27th of April of this year. So not long. This is my first car.. And I absolutely love it!! I've done nearly 3000 miles already and it is such a fun car to drive!!

You say you've not got an up! Are you thinking of getting one?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey again :)

Yeah I'll be getting one at around Christmas time. I know exactly what I want lol. My question might have seemed a silly one, but when you've left ur car outside on a hot day after walking about shopping, I like to blast my face with air con until the general temp of the cabin is lowered lol. It's a small thing, but boy is it refreshing. Which model UP! do you have?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Haha I know. Well I promise the vent on the right hand side of the wheel can be aimed to your face and the AC literally works in seconds in cooling the whole car down.. I'm fond of putting it on soon as I get into the car as well!
I went for the move up! With maps and more!
If I had more money at the time I would have went for the sound package and possibly the sensor package.
To be fair the sound quality with just the standard front two speakers are very good. And the only reason I thought I wanted the sensor pack with the cruise control is because I drive to Glasgow from Aberdeen most weekends but to be honest I really don't mind not having that.

What one were you thinking of getting??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm after the high up. Only cos I think I prefer the stronger engine. Want it in light blue with matching dash and salsa beech interior. Gonna get the sensor pack but only cos I would miss cruise control if it wasn't there. How do u find your 60ps engine copes with banks or overtaking on motorways?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Aw nice choice.
Erm.. To be honest I think it copes really well.. Sometimes maybe when there's a slight incline it can take a second to get up.. But in most cases I'm usually the faster car.. And it has no problems once up to speed and certainly when over taking it is more then capable!! I suppose maybe as this is my first car it feels fast and all well to me anyway!! Haha maybe someone else with experience with other cars might feel different. But from what I've read on this forum this is an excellent car with minor faults!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Think I'll take the 60ps one for a test drive then. But tbh I'd say that the fact you have no other experience of faster cars makes your opinion less biased lol. Have u experienced this "click" noise at all from the clutch pedal people on here r going on about?

·
Registered
851 Posts
No click from my MY13 model move up. I wonder if it's only the MY12 models affected. My car was delivered in Nov 12.Edited by: AlanG

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
leeroy13 said:
Anyone????? 13 views and nobody can be bothered to reply.

leeroy13 said:
Wow, 27 views and still nobody can be arsed to answer me. Maybe when it gets to 100, one nice person will make a comment?

You need to lose the attitude and be a bit more patient, there isn't a live response team standing by waiting to answer your questions 24/7.

Many viewers of this thread may not even have an up! or know the answers, plus your own views back into the thread count as 'visits', so it may be as little as 10 or so other people may have actually read your post, and not known the answer to be able to give a reply.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for your message.

I had assumed due to the length of it you were going to have some really good input into the conversation that has since ensued from my original post. However, you just bitched at me. I see that you do own an up, and therefore do have the opportunity to contribute in a much more valuable and appreciated way to this thread. But if you're not going to then don't bother saying anything please..............

·
Registered
705 Posts
Leeroy, please be more patient. Do not expect a quick answer, particularly one on the several threads that you've already posted on. And kindly stop complaining about people who are trying to help you.

Nick

·
Registered
20 Posts
shakotanVIP has said what I and likely many others also felt when reading your comments about a lack of response, so please be considerate to others.

Edited by: xpug

·
Registered
727 Posts
leeroy13 said:
I had assumed due to the length of it you were going to have some really good input into the conversation that has since ensued from my original post. However, you just bitched at me. I see that you do own an up, and therefore do have the opportunity to contribute in a much more valuable and appreciated way to this thread. But if you're not going to then don't bother saying anything please.......

Drop the attitude and you might get a little bit more help, in the meantime there's a great feature on the forum called "the search", try it, it doesn't bitch back.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Guys, I can take feedback as long as it's constructive. Now please stop repeating what the last guy said, it's getting very pointless and repetitive now don't you think? Point taken, alright......Now please let me continue my original discussion with the only individual on here to date who has helped me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts