Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if it is possible to add something after we place the order? I ordered a high up! at July 5th and I called today the dealer to add the City Safe package and he told me that it is already in the production line. The thing is that the letter I received from VW says that the car will be ready end of September. So either the dealer does not want to help or I will get my car sooner. Any help/ideas?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Tough to say, I imagine they group similar orders together maybe? I ordered the same time as you and it's projected delivery time is nov/dec time. I guess you could always cancel the car, that might twist their arm to do a bit more?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I added the sensor pack about 4 weeks after order, didn't delay mine at all tho dealer was honest and said there was a possibility it could .

·
Registered
198 Posts
I wanted to add sound pack 4 weeks before build date and was told it wasn't possible. Dealer said he checked with system. I guess there must be a status on the system, after which no changes can be made.

·
Registered
525 Posts
SchumiGr said:
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if it is possible to add something after we place the order? I ordered a high up! at July 5th and I called today the dealer to add the City Safe package and he told me that it is already in the production line. The thing is that the letter I received from VW says that the car will be ready end of September. So either the dealer does not want to help or I will get my car sooner. Any help/ideas?
It depends on the status of your order. If it is still at Status code 10 your order can be changed and it won't affect timing. If its at code 20 you can't, or I guess you would effectively be reordering. My own dealer told me it was impossible to make changes when it wasn't, so I'd advise you to double check. I wrote about my own experience here. http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/dealing-with-the-dealers_topic786_page1.html?KW=Dealers

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
If it's ordered and VW have accepted the order, then I believe it is too late to add any factory build time extras which the city braking thing is (as would be sensor pack, sports suspension etc)

·
Registered
532 Posts
The track your order page on the VW says that you may be able to alter your order, but only minor things.

Depending on how close your order is to reaching "Confirmed for Production" status, you may be able to make very minor changes. Please contact your retailer to discuss.

Mike

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I added the sound pack a few weeks after ordering

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
They wouldn't let me change the wheels after it was ordered... Computer said no!

Although, have grown to like the classic ones anyway now, so glad. I didn't get to change!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
The white classics fair show the brake muck...just ordered some poor boys wheel sealant to help!
Edited by: Privatedoc

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
The Black has the silver classics... I guess it'll be a little less noticeable!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
You think? LOL

it's bad enough, so I can't imagine what the white ones are like to keep clean

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the response.Eventually the dealer said that there is a possibility to add the drive pack if I pay cash because -he claims- it is not possible to change the finance program.
Don't know what to say, seems strange to me. Even if I track the order I do not know if there is a possibility of changing something in finance program. Anyway....

·
Registered
120 Posts
If I was cynical, I would say that there will be some form of month end target at the bottom of this and changing the finance agreement will affect that in some way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Update: The dealer informed me that we cannot add something even if I pay cash, because the car is already built. Since I will pick up the car in Wolfsburg at the end of September (according to vw letter) I really cannot understand how it is possible the car to be ready now. I tried to contact Autostadt (the vw department which handles the delivery of the cars in Wolfsburg) but they reffered me back to the dealer. The most annoying part is that I do not know what's really going on. I am fine if the car is already built but normally this means that I will take it in 10 days. Any ideas?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts