Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brilliant...

Just found out how to change any Navigon 70/71 Automotive unit (basically the one that comes with the VW UP!, skoda, seat etc) to a VW branded unit with Think Blue! trainer.

I know most may say "whats the point?" but I recently had my unit stolen from my up! and instead of buying a new unit from the dealer at about £300 I found one on ebay, fully boxed, for £90. Plugged it in but it was a SEAT unit with all the branding and none of the Think Blue trainer (i am a bit ocd with things like that). So I wanted it to be VW branded.

Turns out this is very very easily done, few file changes and unplug the unit and it thinks it is a brand new device and asks you what make of car you have.

If anyone wants or needs this info let me know, I am happy to post it up here if you do.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd like to know how to do this. I'm planning to get a Seat Mii soon, and the dealer's said he'll throw in this device for free. But it'll be a Seat one, without the BlueMotion trainer.

I'm guessing the VW-branded device will work in a Seat...? Did the Seat-branded device work in your VW?

·
Registered
18 Posts
So assuming there's not some way to hack the new model into VW mode.... What else is new in the version?

I wonder what would be better to have: an old version, VW-branded; or a new version, Seat-branded?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Just like you I had my maps + more unit stolen from my car the other day and am looking to replace it. Any chance you could send me the info about how you adapted the seat unit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have my Navigon Unlocked,now looks like this :

In perfect working condition ,tested on :

Garmin Seat
Navigon VW UP 70/71 Premium
Navigon 8410/8450
Navigon 40 Premium/Plus/Easy

who is interested just post in here

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm interested in how you manage to hack your M&M, and also do you lose anything from the original software?

·
Registered
5 Posts
you don't lose anything from original softwarehacking is very simple ,Navigon use autorunce.mscr

mscr file extension is an mortscript file

·
Registered
5 Posts
this is my 8450 unlocked

Sirf Prima 600 Mhz
256 MB Ram

I will post the unlock soon ,but be aware every Navigon sat nav has his own mscr file and is written differently

so before unlock you new navigon or garmin seat just ask for proper autorunce.mscr files

·
Registered
5 Posts
Link for Navigon Unlock resolution 480x272

http://www.4shared.com/archive/t4ogdl5zba/Navigon_Unlock.html?

How to :
-Download archive from link
-unpack the archive on you desktop
-connect your Navigon to pc
-make a safe backup to your Autorunce.mscr
-open Autorunce.mscr and add this line ,save the file

Run("\My Flash Disk\Shell\Shell.exe")

copy all folders from archive on My Flash Disk

safely disconnect your navigon from pc,wait for reboot,you done it

To install igo Primo on your Navigon sat nav just follow this

On My Flash Disk create a folder called Primo
put your igo primo on that folder and rename the .exe file in Navigation
from Port folder copy and paste in to Primo folder

-PSinit.dat
-Settings.dat

disconnect your sat nav from pc and push igo primo button on screen

·
Registered
1 Posts
D3ffect said:
Link for Navigon Unlock resolution 480x272

http://www.4shared.com/archive/t4ogdl5zba/Navigon_Unlock.html?

How to :
-Download archive from link
-unpack the archive on you desktop
-connect your Navigon to pc
-make a safe backup to your Autorunce.mscr
-open Autorunce.mscr and add this line ,save the file

Run("\My Flash Disk\Shell\Shell.exe")

copy all folders from archive on My Flash Disk

safely disconnect your navigon from pc,wait for reboot,you done it

To install igo Primo on your Navigon sat nav just follow this

On My Flash Disk create a folder called Primo
put your igo primo on that folder and rename the .exe file in Navigation
from Port folder copy and paste in to Primo folder

-PSinit.dat
-Settings.dat

disconnect your sat nav from pc and push igo primo button on screen

Is it possible u can upload this somewhere else? Would love to have it, but cant seem to get the 4shared website to work for me :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,i get changed the unit to Windows Screen and IGO works weel,
but after 1 minute the screen backs to original VW automatically.
And in Original Screen the Fuel Maps anda datas, SD Music didnt works more.
I think I have to change the "Autorunce.mscr" file, but I dont know which line I have to delete or change.
This is myAutorunce.mscr.

ErrorLevel ( "syntax" )
Run("\My Flash Disk\VwUserShell\CradleLEDCtrl.exe")
Run("\My Flash Disk\WatchdogPuppy.exe", "Watchdog_VWCom.ini")
SetFileAttribute("\My Flash Disk\BrandDevice.reg", "readonly", FALSE)
RunWait("\My Flash Disk\VwBrandDevice\VwBrandDevice.exe")
Run("\My Flash Disk\VwUserShell\Mute.exe")
Run("\My Flash Disk\NAVIGON\VolumeUI.exe")
Run("\My Flash Disk\WatchdogPuppy.exe", "Watchdog_MN.ini Watchdog_BTCore.ini Watchdog_VwUserShell.ini Watchdog_PhoneApplication.ini Watchdog_MMP.ini Watchdog_HW.ini")

Sleep(5000)
If ( FileExists("\My Flash Disk\NAVIGON\CheckForStorageCard2.exe") )
Run("\My Flash Disk\NAVIGON\CheckForStorageCard2.exe")
EndIf

Call AddFontSkipping
Call InstallDebugger
Call CleanupInstallation

Exit

# ----------------------

Sub InstallDebugger
RegWriteDWord("HKLM","Debug","Debugger_Enable", 1)
If ( NOT RegValueExists("HKLM","Debug","JITDebugger") OR RegRead("HKLM","Debug","JITDebugger") ne "\My Flash Disk\ErrorReporter.exe" )
RegWriteString("HKLM","Debug","JITDebugger","\My Flash Disk\ErrorReporter.exe")
EndIf
EndSub

Sub AddFontSkipping
RegWriteDWord("HKLM", "SYSTEM\GDI", "FontLinkMethods", 3 )
RegDeleteKey("HKLM", "Software\Microsoft\FontLink\SystemLink", TRUE, TRUE)
RegWriteString("HKLM", "Software\Microsoft\FontLink\SystemLink", "Neo Tech VWNG", "\windows\arial.ttf,Arial")
RegWriteString("HKLM", "Software\Microsoft\FontLink\SystemLink", "Neo Tech VWNG Light", "\windows\arial.ttf,Arial")
RegWriteString("HKLM", "Software\Microsoft\FontLink\SystemLink", "Neo Tech VWNG Medium", "\windows\arialbd.ttf,Arial")
RegDeleteKey("HKLM", "Software\Microsoft\FontLink\SkipTable", TRUE, TRUE)
RegWriteString("HKLM", "Software\Microsoft\FontLink\SkipTable", "Neo Tech VWNG", "025CF, 0300-FFFF")
RegWriteString("HKLM", "Software\Microsoft\FontLink\SkipTable", "Neo Tech VWNG Light", "025CF, 0300-FFFF")
RegWriteString("HKLM", "Software\Microsoft\FontLink\SkipTable", "Neo Tech VWNG Medium", "025CF, 0300-FFFF")
EndSub

Sub CleanupInstallation
If ( FileExists("\My Flash Disk\updateme_bak.exe") )
Delete("\My Flash Disk\*.NB0")
EndIf
If ( FileExists("\My Flash Disk\DFUWizardCE_bak.exe") )
Delete("\My Flash Disk\*.xpv")
Delete("\My Flash Disk\*.xdv")
Delete("\My Flash Disk\*.dfu")
EndIf
Delete("\My Flash Disk\*_bak")
Delete("\My Flash Disk\*_bak.exe")
Delete("\My Flash Disk\restore*.txt")
Delete("\My Flash Disk\WaitUntilBatteryFull*.exe")
Delete("\My Flash Disk\*.rgb")
Delete("\My Flash Disk\*.bin")
EndSub

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi, i have one question: garmin units are the same with navigon units? Which is newest? I want to buy a unit for my up. What unit is better to buy?
Thanks in advance
Nick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brilliant...

Just found out how to change any Navigon 70/71 Automotive unit (basically the one that comes with the VW UP!, skoda, seat etc) to a VW branded unit with Think Blue! trainer.

I know most may say "whats the point?" but I recently had my unit stolen from my up! and instead of buying a new unit from the dealer at about £300 I found one on ebay, fully boxed, for £90. Plugged it in but it was a SEAT unit with all the branding and none of the Think Blue trainer (i am a bit ocd with things like that). So I wanted it to be VW branded.

Turns out this is very very easily done, few file changes and unplug the unit and it thinks it is a brand new device and asks you what make of car you have.

If anyone wants or needs this info let me know, I am happy to post it up here if you do.
That is good music to my ears. I had the same problem. Vw Up navigation device was stolen. I got one for 100€ from a Seat Ibiza, but when I connect it to my VW Up the Seat logo appears and the ecotrainer does not work. The rest of applications work properly. Is it possible to change the Ibiza logo to VW logo in the screen. Does the ecotranier application would work?

Many thanks in advance.

Rafael

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brilliant...

That is good music to my ears. I had the same problem, VW UP navigations device stolen, I got one for 100€ from Seat Ibiza. But the Seat logo appears when connecting it to my VW Up and the ecotrainer does not work. How can I change the logo from ibiza to Vw.

Many thanks in advance.

Rafael.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts