Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Dealers do it but it can't be a quick job.
What colour dash do you have and what do you want ?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yes it will be possible, but it will just be finding where the retaining clips are, and also finding any screws. You'll probably have to remove the radio aswell. I've got a feeling that it'll either be screwed in, or have extra clips there. I only know Toyota production/build methods, but we fit the radio and center cluster after the instrument panel has been fitted.

I hope this helps.

Matt

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi ptae2000e. It should be. What type of metal parts were you thinking of doing?

Matt

·
Registered
583 Posts
From what I've read, you'd need to take the entire dash off and replace it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The big metal part right of instrument cluster and the big metal part left of instrument cluster. I don't know if they have some exact names or it's all just "dash"? And the visible interior metal parts of doors. Or put it alternatively, change the retro/metal style (as illustrated by this: http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/volkswagen-cross-up-14-625x398.jpg) into elegant/neutral (like this: http://www.padamcarseatcovers.in/images/dash-biard.jpg - not the best example, but it should be visible that all materials are soft and more pleasing than bare steel).

From what I understood from that site that hosts disassembly/assembly shematics, _1S_ is right; I've got that confirmed from a local car upholstery workshop as well. That's why I was curious if perhaps an unconventional solution is possible, to use self-adhesive materials and avoid all disassembling.

Edited by: ptae2000e

·
Registered
583 Posts
ptae2000e said:
That's why I was curious if perhaps an unconventional solution is possible, to use self-adhesive materials and avoid all disassembling.
Having it wrapped would be the easiest solution, I think.

But wrapping comes with the risk of a flame-thread ...
Edited by: _1S_

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
_1S_ said:
ptae2000e said:
That's why I was curious if perhaps an unconventional solution is possible, to use self-adhesive materials and avoid all disassembling.
Having it wrapped would be the easiest solution, I think.

But wrapping comes with the risk of a flame-thread ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts