Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
I am a newbie here and really like what I have read till now.
I have ordered a Skoda Citigo, but there is one thing I don't like in its design: the green color of the dashboard buttons. I am referring only to the radio & AC buttons in the middle console (not the speedometer area).
I want this part to have a red color buttons, just like the VW UP! And the Seat Mii have (as you can see in the attached photo).
Is it possible to do, just by taking out the central Radio unit or the lights cannot be replaced at all?
Thank you, Dave.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Yes it is possible.The light comes from smd LEDs on the PCB inside the A/C-control, and they can be desoldered, and then the "right colored" can be soldered in place.It's tricky to disassemple the A/C-paty though, but it is possible if you're careful enough.

If you're asking "is it easy to change the lights color" then the answer is no...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
Well I have a new button cluster on order from the dealer, as the the rear winscreen button back light has failed. The dealer said its not possible to replace the led per button. So on that, I would have thought you would be able to order the up button clusters to get the red backlight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the part number? how much does it cost?
I thought of changing also the radio buttons color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
If the delaer says that, then the dealer is definitely wrong! I can show you pictures if you wants.It's a standard PCB with 0508 smd LEDs. No "special" about it, and they are changable, if using the right de/soldering-equipment.

Also the radio buttons are possible to change...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
It's warrenty work, so no cost. I have a pic of the problem in one of my previous posts. In only going on what they have told me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
ok. Today I did the first part of the interior color-changing-MOD!

Because I simply don't have time enough for such projects right now, I'll take it in "steps" instead of changing all the interior LEDs a time...Though I normally like this way only.
Anyway, here's the pictures of the A/C LED change....






















Edited by: -Aze-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,274 Posts
Aze do you modify cars for a living? because you sure look like you know what your doing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
397 Posts
dave35 said:
I have ordered a Skoda Citigo, but there is one thing I don't like in its design: the green color of the dashboard buttons. I am referring only to the radio & AC buttons in the middle console (not the speedometer area).
As a former company car driver my last three cars were alll Skodas - and excellent they were. So as part of my research before placing an order for either an up! or a Citigo, I had a thorough look at a Citygo. Was surprised at how many subtle differences there are! Citygo is slightly longer (crutial for fitting car into our small garage), the interior colour schemes and options are different and the speedo is ifferent. I prefered the Citygo front fascia/dashboard color and texture but not the green-on-green speedo display - it reminded me of the first Octavia I had. The dsiplay was updated on my third. Eventually I settled for the up! as Dealer gave a much better p/x.
Edited by: PeterWestSussex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you Aze for the usfull photos!

Peter, you are right, I also like the front fascia of the Citigo, but not the Green light inside... it looks cheap in a way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Itzben: Thank you for the kind words. I'm doing a lot of different things for a living, modifying cars are one of them. I'm actually in the car-wrapping business 90% of my time, and the rest 10% is the "MOD-business", doing all kinds of "crazy" installs.

Dave: You're welcome...
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top