Up Owners Club banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just spent a week in the highlands of Scotland in a rented Spark, not a car that was even on my radar before they gave it to me. It was an interesting experience and I drove about a thousand miles in it, but I didn't half miss my up! bythe time I got back to the airport in Edinburgh. The Chevy was noisier than the up and felt seriously underpowered, even with its 4 cylinder engine. The speedo and rev counter are mounted on a tiny plastic console that seems to be fixed on behind the steering wheel and the digital rev counter is almost dazzling a night. The dash and all the plastic feels cheap and unsophisticated. It wasn't all bad though. There were driver's side controls for BOTH electric windows and a USB input for my iPod ( I still don't understand why all car radios don't have one of these!) but sadly the loudspeakers buzzed when confronted with a tiny amount of bass.

I reckon VW have made great judgement calls about where to spend the money in the Up. It's certainly in a different class from the Spark.Edited by: yapmaul

1 - 1 of 1 Posts