Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone consider waiting for the 5 door version or even the Seat or Skoda equivalent of this car before ordering?

·
Registered
123 Posts
No. Wasn't interested in seat/skoda - prefer VW, and I've had my eyes on this car for a while. I don't need 5 doors, as most of the time its only me or mum in the car and the 5 doors doesn't give more room, so I was happy. Sounds like waiting times for the up have gone up, so if not sure, I would wait and compare the competition if it doesn't have to be VW or the UP!
Just out of interest were the seat/skoda ones having the option of the sat nav system? I didn't even consider them.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drive a Skoda at the moment so thought about that but decided on the up for a few reasons, mainly styling and interior appealed to me more. 5 door more practical but you lose the kink in the rear window which I really like. I believe the Skoda and the Seat will have the maps + more as an option.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I like the look of the Seat Mii .... but I think you get a better choice of styling for the Up! and it will hold its value more!

Also after seeing the Skoda Citygo the sport version I was very tempted .... but naaah! I love my High Up :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
The real stickler for my choice was between a Polo and the Up!

I ended up going for the Premium city car over the Entry level supermini...

It really winds me up when I see comment sections of Up! reviews on websites with people hammering on about "why would anyone get the High Up! when they could have a Polo for the price, or a Golf bluemotion if milage was their main priority"... can they not see that people have budgets?

I'd much rather have a well fitted out, cheap to run Up!, than a sparse low end Polo with higher running costs...

Of course if I needed 5 seats I'd have to make do with the Polo.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Totally agree with you lovejimbo :) Some people really don't look at it this way, but why have a poverty spec polo over a high up! that is also way more chic :)

The other two are just derivatives and its the VW that really has all the design flare, such as that nice kink in the side window. Nuff said :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have a low end Polo (SE ... was £11,500 new 12 months ago), and I can't wait to downgrade car. I might be downgrading in size, but I'm upgrading in spec! All my polo has is air con ... thats it! thats the only fancy feature I have! The Up! im getting has sport alloys, suspension, tinted windows, sat nav, bluetooth, a funky interior, the list goes on!

I've said this before on here, the Polo is a great car! but more for someone who has lots and lots of friends and the money to fill up the tank! I dont need the space, like saving money, and doing it in STYLE
hence why I'm changing to the Up!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Totally agree. Cheaper to run higher spec car for me. I expect that the middle spec up to sell fewer than the entry or the higher. In my mind you either want the cheapest possible quality car or (like me) would prefer a higher spec up than a bigger lower spec polo. I agree polo is a great car, but would be too much money for me in the spec I would want.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Have you ever tried the VW configuration app for the iPhone? Thats what I used to pick out my Up! but one night I sat and configured a Polo to how I wanted it ..... £19,000!!!!

Naaah! small, cheap and cheerful does me :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ouch! And would you be happier with the car? Probably not. Nice if you can afford it but I agree with you cheaper is better :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yeah I think I would be happy with it! it was the 1.2 tsi version! But I wouldn't be happy paying for it :p But I would also be happier in a Mercedes SLS AMG but that aint gonna happen :p I like living in the real world :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
That is nothing. In the showroom at the time of my order they had a POLO GTI for...£22k!!! MADNESS! That is 2ups!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts