Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

New to this forum so don't bite!
I have decided to get a Volkswagen UP! For my first car, I have just finished University and got myself a job so I needed a car to commute. I have chosen the 3 door Take UP! Model but I can't decide on what colour to get!! To keep costs low I have narrowed it down to the Red, White and the light blue...
Is the light blue a feminine colour as I've only seen one on the website?
Like both the red and white and I have seen them in person!
Thanks for all the help and ill be sure to post back on what colour I choose, I am ordering this week! Very excited!!! :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
go for red, light blue is fine for bathroom tiles but not for a car :p no offense to the light blue club :) and white is super common (atleast here, don't get any red here)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hi Martyn welcome to the club. I thought only red and blue were no cost options. Many say that the blue appears white in most lights. Choose whatever suits you best I am sure you will enjoy your Up! when you get it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Red is currently in the lead, The only drawback is that I currently share a red ford fiesta with my mother and sister!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Tornado Red is a lovely deep red. It will show those old Fords up.. Lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a red one and I love the colour.I did see a blue one in the flesh today though, and I think they look great. I'd definitely try and see one first though, I imagine it's not a colour that everyone likes.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Have you not considered moving up to the "Move up"?
Here in denmark the difference is not huge, cost wise, so I can't imagine it is in England...

And we have the worlds most expensive cars!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Light blue is my favourite, it really suits the Up in my opinion. Red and white are too common, light blue is nice and classy. It doesn't show the dirt up either.

If you want a comparison against white, I have one of each. On page 3 of the gallery there is a picture of them both together in a thread called 2 Up.
Edited by: Allybasher

·
Registered
583 Posts
Malcy16 said:
I have chosen the 3 door Take UP! Model but I can't decide on what colour to get!! To keep costs low I have narrowed it down to the Red, White and the light blue...)
The light blue actually looks good IRL.
I wouldn't have ordered one out of the brochure though - the pics don't do it justice, it's a really nice colour despite the "baby" and "feminine" smack to light blue.

It looks especially good when combined with the Spoke Anthracite rims.

Dunno if you're getting the Cheer up! versions in the UK - with spoke anthracite rims, dark grey mirror covers and lower door trim - but that package looks really good on a light blue up! and really ditches the "softy" image.

If your budget is somewhat flexible, the higher trims or better equipped special versions are better value than adding options to a lower trim level.Edited by: _1S_

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey as a light blue owner light blue is the one to get, but the red looks propper smart all polished up

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oooooh I like that Cheer Up! Very nice.

I wouldn't have ordered the blue from the catalogue either. But when we went for the test drive it was in the Light Blue and I fell in love. It's just the right shade for the car and so many people have complimented it. Plus it shines up a treat. People with iffy eyesight insist its white though, and on a cloudy day it can look completely different too.

But I wouldn't have any other colour!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
There are two whites, candy and pure, I know because my pure white was supplied with a candy white fuel flap!

I think there is also a new 3rd white called Oryx which is a £900 option ( like anyone would spec that!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts