Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, has any UP! Owner apart from the lucky up! Black or up! White owners got the chrome exterior mirror caps? In the accessorie brochure online the part number is 1SO 072 530 DML amd just says coming soon. Or does anybody know the price?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Itzben said:
Hey, has any UP! Owner apart from the lucky up! Black or up! White owners got the chrome exterior mirror caps? In the accessorie brochure online the part number is 1SO 072 530 DML amd just says coming soon. Or does anybody know the price?

They are available but not cheap at £90, personally I am going to try a high quality chromevinylwrap at a slightly cheaper £5.50 a sheet

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oooo thats a good idea! When I get my car I'm having my windows tinted so the tint place will be able to wrap them I should imagine! Thanks for the idea jezyg

·
Registered
58 Posts
Warning. If you tint your windows notify your insurance company or your policy will be void. They will add about £100 for the modification.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Same issue for winter tyres....be very careful! Some insurers can try to increase the premium as they are classed as a modification. madness!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Surely only modifications that add value to you car should need to be notified 2 your insurer ! Tinting windows should be ok as long as they are compliant to light emmision law ( not absolutely black ) And fitting winter tyres make the car safer and should show a responsible attitude by the owner ! Just my thoughts on the issue All the best NASH 55

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Anything that doesn't come as standard should be notified to the insurers. I've got an up black, but added a sunroof to my order, so need to add this as a mod when I get quotes.

Tinting windows is definitely classed as a mod (I have checked before). To check what it classed as a mod, some comparison websites will give you a list of things to check if you have them added.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From previous experiance anything not standard, even factory fitted optional extras will need to be notified, my friend had a golf and put gti wheels on and he had a bump and because they wern't the stamdard wheels for his model his insurance was void and he had a head ache sorting things out. Insurance companies will do there best to crawl out of paying out! I've notified my broker that i'm getting a new car and when I do I'm having tints done and that it was for security not for looks and he said its fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts