Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have some decent pictures of this?

Meant to be having it fitted later this week, but undecided.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I also ordered the chrome strips, for front, left/right and hatch for a deep black SEAT Mii Style Sport. I think it looks very exclusive on a black car.

·
Registered
604 Posts
it does at a touch of class to the car

·
Registered
727 Posts
I had one installed on my up! white, it breaks up the contrast between the dark rear window and the white paint. And yes, it does add a bit of class to the back side. Funny they're not standard on the up! white as they do have all the other extra chrome trim partsanyway.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
vwild1 said:
Funny they're not standard on the up! white as they do have all the other extra chrome trim partsanyway.

any excuse to have a bit of $$$ off the customer.......same as the £200 charge for white paint!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I hate chrome on cars. Chrome was a posh metal treatment that was used to stop rust on steel. Most chrome nowadays appears to be plastic. If you must have daft metal bits to adorn your car, get them made out of the correct metal, which is stainless steel.

You may have guessed that chromium plating is not my favourite stuff, but I would defend your right to put whatever on your car. Even pink nissan convertibles. (Having said that A large expensive peigeoooot covertible went passsed me yesterday and it was critically evil looking.)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think chrome looked awesome on cars up until the late 60s early 70s.... now it just looks a bit pikey, unless on something like a Fiat 500 etc.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had it but it has been changed 2 times already cause it keeps coming off, so I decided to not have it installed again, will try in the summer and see if the adhesive sticks better then......

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I have one and really like it

·
Registered
29 Posts
Namely works on the black over any other color in my opinion.
The white and black give the car a bit of an executive look with the chrome accents. (around the fogs, etc)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts