Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep darting about the forum with my posts, as I'm not sure where the best place for Citigo/Mii talk is, so sorry about that! Anyway, here are my thoughts after my second day of ownership (in which I have mostly been driving about here, there and everywhere with a big smile on my face!).

The not so good first:

The boot is smaller than I had realised. It wasn't until I put a few shopping bags in that I really appreciated how much smaller it is than the boot of the Yaris I just traded in. I think I will miss being able to slide the back seat forwards to make the boot bigger, however, on the plus side, it is very easy to fold the back seats down (this was a right faff in the Yaris).

Accessing the back seats is a pain. I rarely have any back seat passengers so not really an issue for me, but I wouldn't buy the three door if regular access to the back is required.

The wide door sills are muck magnets. The roads were wet today and when I got home the sills were filthy.

That said, I'm loving the car! I'm driving fairly conservatively at the moment but it's just a pleasure to drive. I'm really impressed with the start/stop - I've never driven a car with this before and wasn't sure what to expect, but it works so well, the engine restarts so quickly that there's no delay in pulling away (I've been really pleased every time I've come to a red light so I could try it out!).

I love the big car feel you get from these little motors, the seats are very comfortable, and it just feels like a good place to be. I especially like the big chunky leather steering wheel. I've had the PID on today, trying out the satnav, phone functions, car info etc. Impressed with it so far, although I'm not sure how often I'll use it once the novelty wears off!

Oh, and since I've parked it up, I just can't stop myself from peeking out of the window on a regular basis just to admire it

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Snuggles said:
The not so good first:

The boot is smaller than I had realised.

Accessing the back seats is a pain. I rarely have any back seat passengers so not really an issue for me, but I wouldn't buy the three door if regular access to the back is required.
The boots not bad, but not large either. I agree about the 3 doors and rear passengers. I've had lifts in the back of numerous small cars (last company had a Friday pub lunch tradition), and they are all horrible to get in and out of. It really is better to get 5 doors if rear passengers is a regular thing. Unless you hate them, of course.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Sounds cool!

I'm also a bit concerned about the seat thing, but as I won't have anyone in the back very often, it's not such a problem for me either... Just will have to get used to it!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have the 3 door and most of the time I drive with no one else in the car, Kids are fine getting in/out of the back, but adults seem to struggle. If you regularly want passengers in the back get a 5 door

Glad you are happy with the citigo

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Kg, think the issue is more to do with the seat sliding mechanism rather than the size in the back. reports are that it simply does not work very well and does not return back to original position!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hehe you guys wanna try getting 4 adults in a MINI! It's easier to drop the roof to get people in the back! Lol. I thought the boot was huge on the up compared to my post box ;)

Nice car btw, enjoy :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SiJ2000 said:
Kg, think the issue is more to do with the seat sliding mechanism rather than the size in the back. reports are that it simply does not work very well and does not return back to original position!

Yes, it's more the seat mechanism than the space which I am finding a pain. If I have someone in the front passenger seat I often shot my bag into the back of the car. Even folding the seat forward just to do this is a bit of a nuisance. I keep thinking I must be doing something wrong, but as far as I can tell, the lever only moves one way (towards the rear - the same mechanism for adjusting the angle of the backrest). Ifyou also need to slide the seat forward that's even worse. My Yaris didn't return theseat to the original position either, but the mechanism was stillbetter than this one. One press of the lever andthe seatback would spring forward and the whole seat could then be moved forward with minimal pressure. This one you need to press the lever, push the seat back forward then push the whole seat forward which requiresa fair degree of pressure. When trying to return the seat, I am having to use the adjuster under the seat to slide it back to the original position.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
It's not very good really. The seat thingy worked so well in my EOS, why couldn't they just use the same mechanism!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts