Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Citigo SE two weeks ago and was told to expect early September delivery. It quickly transpired (as I suspected) that this was rather optimistic, and I was told last week it was more likely to be October. I really don't have the patience for that sort of wait, so the dealer (who has been fab - MSB Skoda in Darlington) have found an available car which is already built, a 75PS Elegance in Candy White with spare wheel, which should be here in about three weeks (it's still across the water)

I'm very happy with this, and as it's only costing an extra £475 for the higher spec model it seems like a no brainer (this is because I'm not getting metallic paint, and some of the extras I was adding to the SE are included in the price of the Elegance). The only compromise is that it won't have the sound pack, however I spent some time trying out the sound in a demo car without the sound pack, and it's fine for my needs, so happy to make the compromise to get the car sooner.

My only dilemma now, is stripes or not:

I do really like the stripes, I think they give a bit of character to the car, but I'm not sure if it's a bit naff for a middle aged woman to be driving around with go faster stripes. What do you think?

As a matter of interest, I notice that the Citigo SE and Elegance have recently hada price increase of about £160. Not a huge amount, but it does reduce the saving over an Up, unlessVW are also putting up prices.

·
Registered
315 Posts
VW have already had a price hike.

No stripes for me - not keen on them, they look like a relic from the Starsky & Hutch era.

Nice car you are getting.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
As another middle aged woman I would steer away from the stripes. Not too keen on the stripe right down the centre. I prefer them off centre for some reason.

Sorry cant comment on your cost question

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VWXYZ said:
VW have already had a price hike.
Ah, I didn't realise.

VWXYZ said:
No stripes for me - not keen on them, they look like a relic from the Starsky & Hutch era.
Now you mention it, I see what you mean!

VWXYZ said:
Nice car you are getting.
Thanks, I can't wait! Slightly worried about maintaining a white car, but I'm sure it can't be that bad (and certainly no worse than the black car I have now).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well I think it would be great. Being middle aged doesn't mean you have to be boring. If you like it, do it. Life is too short to be worried about whether you really ought to be doing something that you would like to.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just get your hair dyed bright orange and let it all hang out.

My car will be a stealth car, dull and insignificant. Just like it's owner. Sorry, I meant to say, laid back and sophisticated like it's owner.

Don't worry, it's a tasteful go faster stripe!

·
Registered
104 Posts
stripes for me just adds a bit of vrrrrm

·
Registered
532 Posts
What, mohican hair cut!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It seems stripes are a bit like marmite! At least I've got a couple of weeks to decide if I do want them.
I've never had a car with decals, how long do they generally last, and do they need any particular care?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts