Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't find another thread on this, so:-a. Does anyone have the auto braking system?
b. Have you had the courage to try it out against your garage wall?!

·
Registered
592 Posts
I have it specced on my Up but that won't be here for a couple of weeks. Hope it works for a big lump of a Golden Retriever as he never gets out of the way, even when I sound the horn.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Someone tried it during a test on YouTube. Drove it gently at a big recycling bin and it stopped. Should be OK on that Retriever of yours Truth-Seeker!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Mine worked it didnt knock my dad over when he was standing in front of it but my mum said i should of been going a lot faster lol!!!

·
Registered
592 Posts
streakypaws said:
Mine worked it didnt knock my dad over when he was standing in front of it but my mum said i should of been going a lot faster lol!!!
Like it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I plan to test mine against a sack of leaves (lots of those available this time of the year
), as soon as the ground is clear of snow...

·
Registered
532 Posts
my dealer did a demo with a large cardboard box. It's right good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I tested it on a gravel drive while driving at a stack of cardboard boxes, it kicked in perfectly fine but still just about hit the boxes (due to the gravel, I'm guessing). Tried it against a person too, and it didn't do anything at all, not sure if I was going fast enough though!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, we are about to order a new Move Up (manual). We don't know whether to order it with the Emergency City Braking or not. Does anyone have first hand experience to advise us whether it is a worthwhile addition or not please. We do not live in a town or city so do not face constant traffic. Many thanks to all

·
Registered
532 Posts
the safety testing people think it's worthwhile.

·
Registered
592 Posts
For what it costs have it. You may only need it once to save your life or someone elses. So many distractions when driving theses days - mobile phones/i -pods etc. It only takes a split second's lack of concentration to have a prang!

·
Registered
583 Posts
If you need it just once in the car's lifetime, it'll have paid for itself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
<div ="msg" style=": left; overflow: auto;">
Hi, we are about to order a new Move Up (manual). We don't know whether to order it with the Emergency City Braking
or not. Does anyone have first hand experience to advise us whether it
is a worthwhile addition or not please. We do not live in a town or city so do not face constant traffic. Many thanks to all

·
Registered
592 Posts
For what it costs have it. You may only need it once, but that one time may save a life or accident.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I thought hard about it but decided against it. If I'm not watching the road in front of me in slow traffic, then I should be!
I think it works under a certain speed so would not be active at speeds of over 30 km/hour, then I believe it cancels if you use the accelerator etc..
I was also worried about its high tech integration and any faults may be costly to repair in the long term.

It's a great idea, but was not for me.

Ps, I did want the airbag on/off switch that is also in the package, but could not justify the cost.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Dadog said:
a. Does anyone have the auto braking system?
b. Have you had the courage to try it out against your garage wall?!
a. All up!s sold in Switzerland have city braking.

b. One of these days I'll stack up some empty cardboard boxes and give it a go.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Rednaxela said:
I thought hard about it but decided against it. If I'm not watching the road in front of me in slow traffic, then I should be!
I think it works under a certain speed so would not be active at speeds of over 30 km/hour, then I believe it cancels if you use the accelerator etc..
All true, but there were a couple of occasions when I needed to drive through somewhat heavy mist, and while I kept the speed to reasonable according to circumstances, I was feeling safer knowing that even if I don't see some stopped car on the road or something, city safe will stop me (well, with reasonably high probability) from bumping into anything or anyone.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
ptae2000e said:
Rednaxela said:
All true, but there were a couple of occasions when I needed to drive through somewhat heavy mist, and while I kept the speed to reasonable according to circumstances, I was feeling safer knowing that even if I don't see some stopped car on the road or something, city safe will stop me (well, with reasonably high probability) from bumping into anything or anyone.
Good point..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts