Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I took delivery of my Tornado Red high up!<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I think the met office had a ""Michael Fish""� moment as they
had forecast a truly appalling day with heavy rain and thunder storms. But as
you can see from the pictures by midday it was glorious sunshine, and instead
of testing the wipers, I have been testing the aircon!

Somebody on this forum (sorry can't remember who) said why
are all the pictures of members cars taken out in countryside when it's a city
car?

So for that member, I give you ""high up! In the
city (of Leeds)
First though the big unveil

And then the handover of keys from my sales lady Bianca

Over the road from the dealers is a well known football ground

Leeds Town Hall

The Adelphi public house

Finally, I do after all live in Yorkshire with some great scenery,
so please allow me a couple of ""out of the city""� shots from the Cow & Calf
Ilkley (moor bar t'at)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Looks good Tony, even if it's not BDTBL!

How are you finding it so far? Worth the wait?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Great shots, and what a nice looking car

·
Registered
956 Posts
Beautiful car Tony and excellent pictures. Very good choice of watering hole to be photographed in front of, hope you had one in the Adelphi to celebrate (a lemonade that is
). Nice pics in front of the Town Hall too. And good ole Billy Bremner, an icon pictured with an icon

I see they did the big unveil for you as well. Did you also get the VW chocs?

And most importantly, how much are you loving the up! so far?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Manacee said:
Looks good Tony, even if it's not BDTBL!

How are you finding it so far? Worth the wait?
really impressed so far, especially the ride and handling compared with the Smart.

Back to work tomorrow so we will see what my work mates think of it (I have not told them yet)

Once you have the car parked on your drive, you soon forget about the 12 week wait.

·
Registered
956 Posts
idletony said:
Once you have the car parked on your drive, you soon forget about the 12 week wait.

You do indeed, and sad as it may seem, you find yourself gazing out of the window at it with a big smile on your face (well I do anyway
).

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
clowesa said:
Beautiful car Tony and excellent pictures. Very good choice of watering hole to be photographed in front of, hope you had one in the Adelphi to celebrate (a lemonade that is
). Nice pics in front of the Town Hall too. And good ole Billy Bremner, an icon pictured with an icon

I see they did the big unveil for you as well. Did you also get the VW chocs?

And most importantly, how much are you loving the up! so far?
Many thanks for the comments, I was on double yellows outside the Adelphi so had to give it a miss, also noticed the demolition of Tetleys (thanks Carlsberg) is now well advanced (shame).
Yes got the choc's and the hard word from the top man to give them top marks (you've got to laugh).

Cars just fantastiic, just like everybody has said on this forum. shame I had to park it up this evening but had arranged to meet a few people at the Bronte classic bike show.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Great stuff, Tony! I think it may even have been me requested city pics, but it was a long time ago. Hope to be joining you in possession of a red up any day now.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Fingers crossed for you yapmaul, hope you don't have to wait too much longer

·
Registered
956 Posts
idletony said:
Many thanks for the comments, I was on double yellows outside the Adelphi so had to give it a miss, also noticed the demolition of Tetleys (thanks Carlsberg) is now well advanced (shame).
Yes got the choc's and the hard word from the top man to give them top marks (you've got to laugh).

Cars just fantastiic, just like everybody has said on this forum. shame I had to park it up this evening but had arranged to meet a few people at the Bronte classic bike show.
LOL, yes I noticed you were on double yellows and wondered how you'd got away with it in view of the prolific number of traffic wardens that seem to hang about in that area.

Anyway, bike tonight and then back in the up! for more fun tomorrow. Enjoy

·
Registered
423 Posts
Great pics! Great locations too......particularly the view of Mr Bremner

·
Registered
77 Posts
Great shots! Welcome to the world of Up! drivers!

I'm beginning to think I lucked out with a big unveil - mine was simply standing in the showroom awaiting collection! I would've loved it to have been "unveiled"!

I still drive it with a silly grin on my face though...

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Fabulous shots tony....Enjoy your new baby!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Great pics! enjoy!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
clowesa said:
idletony said:

You do indeed, and sad as it may seem, you find yourself gazing out of the window at it with a big smile on your face (well I do anyway
).
Me too, as one of my garden lights shines onto it which makes it look "moody"

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Lovely pictures and lovely looking car.

Enjoy

·
Registered
956 Posts
whassup said:
Great pics! Great locations too......particularly the view of Mr Bremner

Well said

·
Registered
956 Posts
idletony said:
clowesa said:
idletony said:

).
Me too, as one of my garden lights shines onto it which makes it look "moody"

Ooh, very atmospheric. That lighting really makes those lovely wheels stand out. Why didn't I order alloys
. Oh, I know, because I can't parallel park worth a **** and the bills for repairing the damage after I'd kerbed them would be just too much, too often

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I think it looks cool!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts