Up Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in darkest Derbyshire, I've never driven the Up in a proper city. I decided to remedy that yesterday and we had a trip to London. It was brilliant! We drove 120 miles or so down the M1 at 4000rpm or so (work it out - I didn't get passed much) with no drama, it could hold that all day.

Normally in London I park on the northern edge and get the tube, instead as the Congestion Charge wasn't on, I drove to Kensington and then back via Trafalgar Square and the Houses of Parliament. The traffic was vile but the Up was the ideal car for the job, nippy enough to find the gaps and small enough to fit in them. I had great fun, just like being on the dodgems. No quarter asked for or given.

Maps & More was fantastic guiding me round the backstreets of London, we saw half the Monopoly board.

The best bit though, we found a car park in Kensington and followed a 5 series BMW in. The car park was full and the attendant turned the BMW away, but he had one space for a small car. I felt rather smug.

One thing though, although we saw loads of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Maseratis, Rolls Royces etc, we only saw one other Up. What's going on there?

Edited by: Allybasher

·
Registered
187 Posts
Obviously word has not got around yet that the UP! is the ONLY must have car!!!!!! Glad u enjoyed ure London trip and the car performed well in the big smoke - I live in Manchester and its perfect for both city and out of town driving for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts