Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I built a driveway for my lovely red car and now it is lurking among the plants. Drove nearly five hundred miles in its first weekend and now it needs a clean! I'm being very good at the moment and trying to obey the little arrows, but I don't think that's going to last too long. And the ice creams? Well, you have to celebrate a new car, don't you? Morelli's in Broadstairs!

Edited by: yapmaul

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
yes... it needs commentary some thing like

" and here we have the lesser spotted up in its natural habitat.... "

think david attenborough.... heheh!

looks great though :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, we'll I can't even work out how to put words between the pics so I guess it'll have to wait. I have to say though, the red is such a great colour!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
You paste the image code, then type what text you want, then paste another image code

·
Registered
956 Posts
Nice pics, lovely car. Looks like it's playing hide and seek

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Ice Creams look fantastic! (and so does the car)

shame I'm on a diet! :-(

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Looks great! :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Great pictures, also like the title of your post (a bit of
role reversal with mine)<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Car looks great and that's quite a distance to travel for
your first few days of ownership. I have been away all weekend so mine has been
parked on the drive, so not many miles covered as yet.

You've also got nice GB plates fitted, I wish my dealer had fitted
them they look better than standard.

Can you elaborate on following the arrows? Do you mean the
gear change indicator? My think blue trainer on the M & M does not suggest
any gears, plus somebody says I should follow the prompt on the dashboard
instruments, but I don't have that either. Anybody got any ideas?

As for the pictures of the ice creams all I can say is""¦""¦""¦""¦""¦""¦""¦""¦..

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, the gear change indicator is what I mean. It's on the right hand side of my dash display and tells you what gear you're in with a little arrow if it thinks you should be in the next one. It's fine if you don't want to move away from a junction or roundabout quickly ( ie if there's no one on your tail!) and if you're not going uphill, but I'm sure I was taught that a car is not properly under your control if you have no acceleration available. However, after nearly 500 miles I already feel that the engine is a little more forgiving and more willing to pull in fifth at 35 mph.

I don't have the m&m. Maybe if it's plugged in you don't get the prompts on the dash? When I asked for the plates the salesman made it sound as if it was really complicated and might cost extra, then mentioned them as if he'd done me a special favour. Glad I remembered to ask though. As forum member Bingalau pointed out, there's nowhere to put a magnetic GB plate on the back of the up!

I think it's a great little car and surprisingly enjoyable to drive on the motorway. I keep looking out of the window to make sure its still there!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Yapmaul your original post about your trip out to broadstairs, with the fabulous shots of the italian icecreams and also the viewing of great train journeys in and around Kent tonight on the TV has got me thinking about my childhood...

As I kid, teenager (with parents) and as a young adult (and at this time a car owner, albeit a 'beater') driving trips out to the coast were a regular thing. Even day trips from Leicester (as far as you can get from the sea in the UK nearly - this title actually goes to a place Derby by the way)

How things have changed with the cost of fuel going through the roof, I now have an up to try and get a more 'free' spirit to our life, as a round trip in the Volvo would be a £80+ job!!

If I had a B and B or leisure based holiday business (tea rooms, hotel etc) I would be very worried with this ever increasing cost of motoring... I wonder if most if you like me tend not to use the car unless we have too?

Yes we use it for work and short trips to and from local leisure actives, but I can't remember the last time we set off, early morning, for a day at the coast. I know our recent lovely liquid based summer hasn't helped but perhaps this is what the green parties have been after? The disminished use of cars for leisure?

With my new up I have got the urge, with this lovely sun, to have a trip to the seaside now. Thanks for your post, reminding me life is not about four walls!
Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Markmod1 said:
Yapmaul your original post about your trip out to broadstairs, with the fabulous shots of the italian icecreams and also the viewing of great train journeys in and around Kent tonight on the TV has got me thinking about my childhood...

As I kid, teenager (with parents) and as a young adult (and at this time a car owner, albeit a 'beater') driving trips out to the coast were a regular thing. Even day trips from Leicester (as far as you can get from the sea in the UK nearly - this title actually goes to a place Derby by the way)

How things have changed with the cost of fuel going through the roof, I now have an up to try and get a more 'free' spirit to our life, as a round trip in the Volvo would be a £80+ job!!

If I had a B and B or leisure based holiday business (tea rooms, hotel etc) I would be very worried with this ever increasing cost of motoring... I wonder if most if you like me tend not to use the car unless we have too?

Yes we use it for work and short trips to and from local leisure actives, but I can't remember the last time we set off, early morning, for a day at the coast. I know our recent lovely liquid based summer hasn't helped but perhaps this is what the green parties have been after? The disminished use of cars for leisure?

With my new up I have got the urge, with this lovely sun, to have a trip to the seaside now. Thanks for your post, reminding me life is not about four walls!
Mark mod, I didn't have a car until I was 30. I used to travel all over the place by hitch-hiking and if I'd had a car and money the I would have driven all over the place. I often think what a waste it is, just driving back and forth to work, when the car could take me anywhere I wanted to go. But as you say, the cost of fuel and the thirsty nature of my Focus (well, OK, I did drive it too fast) had started to put me off. That's why I bought the up! I've turned back the clock by five years and I can afford to go places, even if I have to stick to 70 mph! We went to Margate too, btw, and Ramsgate and Canterbury. A very good trip!Edited by: yapmaul

·
Registered
304 Posts
Fab I'm looking at a run out this weekend if weather stays good... A fresh fish supper at the coast will be just the job after the drive! Cheers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts