Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had tested this yet! Basically, what happens to the engine when it applies? I assume it is just forced to stall? Does it cut the ignition as it applies the brakes?

Your feedback would me much appreciated!

Thanks

S

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
One of the member has tested it out (on a friend of his and got told off my other members for it) but there is a thread somewhere on here, but I cannot remember what its called... its obviously got city breaking in the title, you might need to have a search

·
Registered
51 Posts
Maybe your dealer can tell you - apparently dealers were invited to Spain to view the Up! and its city braking system earlier this year.

My dealer was very enthusiastic about the system - but at the time I didn't think to ask him what happens re the car still being in gear.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As an engineer, I am even more shocked that I didn't think of asking that!! :)
Edited by: SiJ2000

·
Registered
18 Posts
Unfortunately I had two visits on dealer's garage one of them was to change a part which had a malfunction. Anyway the technician who had the responsibility for my car tested with me inside in front of an automatic bar.. Was effective and the engine shut down immediately.. also today I was looking for parking in my house and a child walk through the road running and the city emergency break do its job by reducing the speed but not freezing the car because the child get out of the road quicly..

I was impressed after my fear..

But I will write more after this Saturday when all up owners have A free 4 hour seminar (theory and practice) about all the electronic stuff of our car and also how to drive economically. Up Academy..

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its part of one of the packs... either driver's assistance pack or sensor pack... think its the drivers assistance pack, but really remember!

Can't be good to use it that much if it just forces the engine to stall, that can't be good for it, unless the ignition is cut by the system at the same time!

Edited by: SiJ2000

·
Registered
727 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Ahh that's why I didn't know what it is then! I'm that good a driver I didnt see the need for any of the 'packs'
Edited by: bugbabe34

1 - 9 of 9 Posts