Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never used a clay bar are they worth trying.
Will they remove residue from insects and tree sap and the like from the paintwork.
Are they easy to use, are they used with water and can anyone recommend a good one ?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
They are good. You should remove as much as possible prior to clay with a tar remover type product really, then the clay 'shaves' the rest of the bonded contaminants off the paint.
You have to use them with a clay lubricant - If you're not careful you can mar the paint with clay, causing holograms and all sorts. So long as you're gentle though, keep using clean edges, enough lubricant and as a fine a clay as you can, you should be just fine.
I've used the dodo juice supernatural clay in the past with their born slippy lube, performs pretty well really. That or meguiars.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I highly recommend using clay and autoglym kit for around £20 is all you need its got thw clay, lube, polish and cloths! I find it the best! But each to there own

·
Registered
540 Posts
Itzben said:
I highly recommend using clay and autoglym kit for around £20 is all you need its got thw clay, lube, polish and cloths! I find it the best! But each to there own

Yep I use AG as well. For £20 it does the trick. Really notice the difference after using a clay when you're detailing.

Just to remember to knead your clay to keep it working!

·
Registered
222 Posts
The cars paintwork is noticeably smoother after using clay bar. Maybe not so much with a brand new car. I'm yet to clay mine. But on other cars that are second hand the difference is huge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts