Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Up, Hilary, is candy white and I have become OCD about keeping her sparkling. I do an M27, M3, M25 200mile return trip every 2 weeks and the front gets covered in dead insects. Best thing to do is rinse them off asap. I later shampoo, rinse, leather and then dry off with the magic yellow cloth from the autoglym pack. This removes every last tiny black mark from the paintwork then just toss it in the washing machine (the cloth not the car) and it comes up like new.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've found the Autoglym Active Insect Remover sprayed on for a minute or two and then wiped off with one of the Perfect Polishing Cloths does the trick. A quick rinse gets rid of the Insect Remover.

Nick

·
Registered
430 Posts
I invested in some good quality dodo juice wax, I use the light fantastic for my Candy White move up, it's about £30. However, with this I have found washing and drying so much easier than with other products, dirt and dead insects wash off easy now with just a ph neutral shampoo (born to be mild) this wont destroy the wax you have previously applied like the harsher ones do.

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Wax is a must if you love your paintwork. Bugs, tar and fallout with stick much less and you'll find a good jetwash will remove all but the most stubborn bits of grot.

I also use Born To Be Mild, I've yet to try Dodo Wax as I have a huge tin of Collonite that I've been working through in recent years.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I like dodo juice, but prefer autoglym! Once a month I wash and hd wax the other washes (mostly every week lol) I wash and instead of drying use aqua wax I use every where APART from the windscreen!! And then the usual wheel dressing etc etc that keeps it sparkling and any bugs and splats easily come off! Any bird droppings removed asap with autoglym bird dropping wipes i carry in my boot lol

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am a bit of a car cleaning fanatic and used to use dodo juice wax but have recently been trying gtechniq C1.5. This is a spray on sealant. So you use when you would wax. It comes in a spray bottle and only a mist comes out which you then wipe over with a microfibre cloth. Wait a minute then buff off with another microfibre cloth.
It is a lot easier and faster than a wax and creates the same beading of water which is the main way to keep a car clean and fast to clean.
Now I've not used C1.5 for long, just a few months and two treatments on our two cars. Plus a full treatment on our new Up! of course! So I cannot comment on whether it lasts as long as a wax treatment. But as I say, it is a lot faster to use. Probably at least four times faster. It also seems to give as much protection. for example dried on bird mess is removed with a gentle setting on the pressure washer. So worth a try in my view.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
technogogo said:
I am a bit of a car cleaning fanatic and used to use dodo juice wax but have recently been trying gtechniq C1.5. This is a spray on sealant. So you use when you would wax. It comes in a spray bottle and only a mist comes out which you then wipe over with a microfibre cloth. Wait a minute then buff off with another microfibre cloth.
It is a lot easier and faster than a wax and creates the same beading of water which is the main way to keep a car clean and fast to clean.
Now I've not used C1.5 for long, just a few months and two treatments on our two cars. Plus a full treatment on our new Up! of course! So I cannot comment on whether it lasts as long as a wax treatment. But as I say, it is a lot faster to use. Probably at least four times faster. It also seems to give as much protection. for example dried on bird mess is removed with a gentle setting on the pressure washer. So worth a try in my view.

Haha I really hope my missus doesnt read this!! as when I do my up! Its a all dayer if not weekender jobby to get me out the house work hahaha

·
Registered
430 Posts
technogogo said:
sounds similar to dodo juice red mist which is a quick derailer if your in a hurry or a top up for your existing wax

1 - 9 of 9 Posts