Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have had my take up now since may,but recently when i press the clutch pedal it makes a clicking noise. When i took it back to the dealership he told me the clicking noise is in all vw up cars. The clicking noise only appeared after 2000 miles. Has anyone else had the same problem?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have just passed the 2k mark and yes I have heard it a few times Since the 2k mark , not all the time and I think its only going up in to 3rd

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes this is the same with us, aft 3 gear it doesnt click. we did take ours in and we were told they put a new clutch bearing on, but its still clicking. they now are saying that all ups have this click. we are going in at 9.30 today having a test drive in aother up, just to see if they are telling the truth. have you taken yours in yet?

·
Registered
525 Posts
I think it's normal. Lots of cars do it and if you ride a bike you hear it all the time as they pass you. The up doesn't have as much insulation between you and the mechanical parts of the car as bigger vehicles so you hear more noises.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Taking car in on fri morning for new clutch pedal and box to be fitted ,to sort out the clutch clicking.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
if its the same noise I hear in mine, then I had it in my polo, my mums polo does it and so does my dads golf and my brothers golf too... so yes they all do seem to have it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can actually feel the click through my leg, as the clutch koves about 3 inches from it being released. This is absolute rubbish and no new car should do it. Vw are going to sort this for me

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Up has developed this problem over the last week but I can't decide whether it's the clutch pedal or when I lift off the accelerator. Also, the Maps & More screen keeps rebooting itself despite having a full charge. My car is only 13 months old! Anyway, I'm contacting the dealer today about it. I'm seriously considering going for a Citroën C4 Cactus if they can't fix it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi I have a clicking with my up am wondering what to do about it it is move up bmt with 13000 miles any advice please
would be appreciated thanks philip.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
My up! is in the garage for this?

This has been going on since the squeaking clutch pedal, Car is now out of warranty.

Volkswagen UK are now involved and the dealer is having to pay the bill.

Dealer is putting a whole new clutch pedal assemble in(not just different parts)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts