Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My up white is up to 35 k now but recently started getting noisy on the clutch pedal at the biting point, now whenever I change gear there's a noise everytime I take my foot off the clutch pedal, noisy and irritating!
Anyone else experienced anything similar?
It's a creaking noise
Other than that it's doing great!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Had mine done a couple of months back. Pretty painless, I took the car in having explained the problem and they kept it for a couple of days to replace the clutch pedal box (as I read it the standard fix for this).

They did say that there was tolerance for this (known) issue, and that mine fell outside of that. I put up with mine for a couple of months, until it go to making a clicking noise every 2/3 times I depressed or brought up the clutch.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Mine has recently started clicking, I'm just approaching 14000 miles. I'll monitor it until next service unless it gets any worse.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine has started to do it at 1700 miles (a month old) it's got to go in for other things but the local dealer wants to charge for a courtesy car £12 a day, is this standard practice?

·
Registered
149 Posts
bug.mania said:
Mine has started to do it at 1700 miles (a month old) it's got to go in for other things but the local dealer wants to charge for a courtesy car £12 a day, is this standard practice?
Check your certificate of insurance. My policy contains a line about use of a courtesy car loaned by the motor trade while my vehicle is receiving service, mot or repairs. When they see this, it means they do not need to charge.

·
Registered
540 Posts
bug.mania said:
VW do charge £12 a day (if you take the car on their insurance), however as the poster above me says, your fully comp insurance should cover you for the duration you have the car.

My VW dealer said it was £12 a day but as it was a warranty issue they would waive the fee.

Don't pay £12 a day. It's a rip off.Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Registered
251 Posts
The more I read these posts, the more I realise that VW have skimped on the quality of many of the mechanical parts. I like the diminutive size of the Up!, but I wish they hadn't built it out of eggboxes. I am eagerly awaiting the showroom availability of the revised Polo on May 1 and will see about upgrading to a 'proper' car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Fidel_Castronaut said:
bug.mania said:
VW do charge £12 a day (if you take the car on their insurance), however as the poster above me says, your fully comp insurance should cover you for the duration you have the car.

My VW dealer said it was £12 a day but as it was a warranty issue they would waive the fee.

Don't pay £12 a day. It's a rip off.
I've vw insurance (free with the up) I'm a bit miffed as there is quite a few faults with the car so will take a few days to sort and at £12 a day it would he pricey quick will ring them again on Tuesday

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've never heard of these charges before, at Marshalls VW in Scunthorpe courtesy cars are free including insurance and there is always plenty available with a bit of notice.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yes, same with the VW dealerships that I have used. The last time I had to pay for a courtesy car was about 15 years ago when I had a Nissan.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Well you're not paying for the car per se, rather the insurance premium itself.

Dealers are franchises so it's entirely possible that it depends on what dealer you visit.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Never had to pay to insure a courtesy car. A quick phone call to my insurance company and they fax a cover note to the dealer. After all you can only drive one car at a time so there is no additional risk.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Beevee said:
Never had to pay to insure a courtesy car. A quick phone call to my insurance company and they fax a cover note to the dealer. After all you can only drive one car at a time so there is no additional risk.
Indeed, but as the thread explains, this is if you take the car out on VW insurance or of your car is not covered by your main insurance (third party for example doesn't cover all instances of courtesy car cover requirements).

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Only a fool would not cover the car fully comprehensively and all insurance companies will cover a courtesy car so there is no need to take VW insurance. Unless you pay cash for your new car the finance company will insist that you are fully comprehensively covered.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ok, thanks for your wisdom as always beevee.

Now if you stopped incessantly sniping at people with derogatory language and lowering the tone of nye on every thread you contribute to people might start to care about anything you have to say.

People on this thread asked a question, I and others answered it. Now if you stooped from your ivory tower a couple of times you might have seen that instead of lambasting people who may or may not have done something contrary to how you would have done it.

Contrary to the above, people may or may not be able to afford the direct immediate costs of a fully comp policy, and hence take 3rd party or T&F as a result. Calling those people foolish based on factors to which you have no knowledge of just smacks me as a very silly and immature.

But whatever, I'm not taking this thread off topic any further. I hate it when people make an otherwise interesting and friendly forum into a place where people always have to be on the defensive.

Edited by: Fidel_Castronaut

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Well said. Nothing to add.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi All well what is it all about ..well I was not going to bother getting involved with this but I thought I would have a say ..firstly third party insurance ,twenty or thirtie years ago was the place to go. And was consider to be a lot cheaper ..well now it is the other way round I know it does not make sence so we will close that one .. car loan most dealers don't charge for the car. some do but If you use their insurance always read the small print it says if you are in an axcedent well you will be paying £500.00 for starters .then ..other dealers will lend a car if you want to get your own insurance .and they will just charge £5 or so to cover the wear and tear of that vehicle ... and on the last note the insurance company don't give you insurance cover for free most of the money's they charge is for phone calls fax machine administration use man ..hours ..insurance company's don't do it for nothing ..do you get it nothing ..would you do it for nothing no ..I Hope that resolves the thread Regards Phill.....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts