Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Has anybody had any experience with clutch judder when starting from stationary?

When lifting up the clutch peddle to move forward there is a judder which appears to be below he floor. When taking off up hill on a slope the problem is worse. It seems like there may be oil on the clutch or like it could just be a gear box problem?
The car is a take up! 1000 cc 9 months old and it's done 5500 miles from new. The main dealer has looked at it for the day but has found no fault, however the problem is still there. We had acourtesycar for the day, similar model which did not have any similar problem, but drove smoothly.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
851 Posts
My dad had this problem with his Ford Cortina. It turned out there was not enough tension on the clutch release plate - hence the judder. A new clutch release plate solved the problem.Edited by: AlanG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you AlanG,

I am hopping to obtain a number of solutions topresentto the main dealer to investigate. Bearing in mind that the UP is a new design and model my concerns are that the judder will not damage any other part of the car while being unresolved.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have the "judder" occasionally and put it down to Hill assist.

·
Registered
811 Posts
My High Up judders slightly sometimes if I don't give it enough revs. I also thought it might be something to do with the Hill Assist. The Take Up without doesn't judder at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts