Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I stopped selling kw about 3 years ago as i had 8 warranty claims in2 months and it took a year all told to resolve and i was chasing them weekly, piss poor company to deal with..... fact !!!!

·
Registered
386 Posts
waterwagens said:
I stopped selling kw about 3 years ago, piss poor company to deal with..... fact !!!!
Maybe the English importer/distributor is not up to the job...

Here in Belgium it's a totally other story...
I know a lot of people riding on KW and none of them have had any issues with them... Everybody recommended me KW and if I wanted to spent some more money to go for Bilstein. Why Bilstein over KW... because they are easier to adjust on the car but qualitywise they are on par. But they have nothing for our Up yet...

H&R on the other hand have sold me a set of springs, with a document of approval for the technical control! Fact is, your car has to have a minimum ground clearance (9cm) or it doesn't pass this technical control and this document just states is does. Reality is that the car is now more than 2cm lower than legal and won't ever pass the control... only way out is to remove the set of springs and put the originals back on!!! You can imagine the costs of this operation and the back-to-basics looks of my Z4 afterwards... And I'm not the only one with this problem... Nice work H&R

My point is that there is something to say about every company and it's not always black or white...

P.S. Need I say I love the KW under my little Up!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have been selling H&R for 5 years and had not had a failure, KW and weitec both failed with us in a period spread across 2 months, this is the period when some key suspension companies pulled the plug on KW soKW had to source products from elsewhere.Kw do not make everything in house themselves like H&R or bilstien which is why problems happened when they had to outsource to other companies.
KW told us that ours were isolated cases but unknown to them us retailers talk to each other no matter how cut throat things get and we were certainly not an isolated case, so much so myself and off the top off my head another 4 retailers pulled the plug on KW as we had no back up from them as a company.
The u.k office is just an extension of KW GMBH and there returns policy is awful, I had a customer last year who had a brokenH&R coilover spring on the rear of his T5 california who bought the kit from germany not through us and the california model is too heavy for the H&R kit as the van exceeds the usual T5 axle weight and even though the kit was 2 years out of date issued me with a free pair of springs for his van.
KW would not even credit us for the courier costs collecting faulty springs from customers.
A crap company in my opinion which having dealt with them on a daily basis is a valid opinion.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Again Bilstien is a no quibble company and i have the pss kit on my S4 avant and we also sell Bilstein and we sell a lot of them with maybe 2 failures in 5 years.Bilstein is the best out there but no kit for the up! led me to H&R.

Needless to say you wont see the yellow and purple under any of my vehicles.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi,The H&R kit rrp is £897.99 but we sell them on our site for £799.99 but up! forum users get 10% discount so £719.99.
We don't fit unfortunately but they are very straightforward and a garage should take no more than 1.5 hours in total, we fitted ours with no issues and it came apart real easy as it was only bolted together a few months ago in the vw factory.
I wish some of my other vehicles was this easy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts