Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now my coilovers have began to settle I've decided to lower them even further.

The only problem I'm having is with the rear.

The offside rear are sitting about 10mm higher than the near side rear. I've tried twisting the adjuster cup at the bottom of the coilovers to the left but no matter how much I turn them the height doesn't drop.

According to the specification of the coilovers they drop up to 60mm on both front and back, and with the fronts having another 20mm or so to go, the rears should have around 30mm drop further.

Anyone had this issue with their coilovers before?

They are Weitec Hicon gt coilovers.

I'll get some pictures up in the morning to show the ride height.

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I managed to get some pictures of the car tonight to show the differences in height.

So the rear in the pictures sit about 10mm higher than the front. The other side rear sits 10mm higher than that.

Just to confirm I am getting things correct. For the front I twist the shock left to lower and right to raise, this works, when I do this the ride height goes up and down.

Am I correct in saying that for these coilovers, the rear is still left for down and right for up? And to lower the back you use the provided c-spanner to twist bottom adjuster to the left?

I'm just a little confused since when I put a few turns left the ride height is unchanged at the back.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey, I have the ST coilovers (previous Weitec). The rear is a problem.. I am about to remove the adjuster completely and reduce the lower diameter to get the spring even lower. I don't really want to remove everything like others in the forum. It seems a bit "unsafe" to me and i use my car daily.

To adjust the coilovers... just remove the screw that holds the damper at the bottom and remove the whole spring and get the adjuster out to see it all for yourself. It is really easy.
I hope my english isn't the worst and I was able to help!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got them sorted. Rear passenger side is sitting pretty much how I want it but the rear drivers side is slightly higher than I would want but not enough to annoy me like it was.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure what caused it but I fixed the problem by winding the adjustor to max height and turning it all the way down.

By doing this I got the two sides sitting pretty much spot on where I couldn't by just winding them down. But that might have just been my coilovers, I'm not that experienced with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts