Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard of these before? I feel like they can't be too good at that kind of price seems a bit too good to be true.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I'm going to say you get what you pay for! I've tried and failed to get what I wanted at a lower price point and my advice would be do it once and do it properly...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Just buy some Eibach Pro street if you want coilovers .
Guaranteed quality .

Reactions: Mark.cup

·
Registered
404 Posts
That's what I've bought it's a long story but I have the rears on only at the moment and not only does it look better than it did previously lowered because of all the adjustment... But I'm way off its lowest setting and that rear end bounce is gone 🎉 they are comfortable and I have very high hopes when the fronts get fitted! Just be advised that most people have the non GTi specific ones and there is a difference in the front spring rates compared to the normal version probably to allow for the bigger wheels and brakes. I got mine for a cracking price they are basically the KW V1's with some magic springs is how others have described them and cheaper than the KW's if you find the right deal....

·
Registered
588 Posts
I fitted eibach pro streets at 50k miles when the oem dampers gave up on my old car.
Traded old car in for UP Gti after nearly 16 years of ownership with over 180k on clock and the eibachs were still working perfectly .
Old car still driving around in my local area with eibachs two years after the trade in .
Eibach pro street are high quality coil overs.

Reactions: Mark.cup

·
Registered
404 Posts
This is how the car looks at the moment Eibach pro Street S rear set up and Vogtland springs on standard dampers at the front when the front coilovers go on I will be taking a measurement so they can be set to the same as they are now! I'm not looking for it to be slammed just didn't like the factory ride height. We loved the car from factory and everything we do has to be an improvement in all regards looks,ride and handling and if not like the lowering springs which personally I thought were amazing for the money but were sadly let down by very soft factory dampers then it comes off and I take it on the chin so to speak 🙈🤑
Screenshot_20210217-095544.png

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a pretty good deal on ebay for some KW V1's for £799 new. Probably won't be able to fit them till after lockdown though I imagine.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yes that's basically my issue I've had mine since before Xmas 🙈 probably be another month or 2 before I get an opportunity for the fronts to get fitted but I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I think the same as Eibach Pro Street S coilovers there is a specific version for the GTi as shown in the screenshot from awesome GTi so just double check they are the right ones mate 👍
Screenshot_20210217-122015.png

·
Registered
404 Posts
Any chance of taking a measurement on flat ground from the floor to the edge of the wheel arch going up through the centre of the wheel. Front and rear please from memory I think ours are 61.5cm's floor to arch on the rear fronts yet to go on mainly because of lockdown....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any chance of taking a measurement on flat ground from the floor to the edge of the wheel arch going up through the centre of the wheel. Front and rear please from memory I think ours are 61.5cm's floor to arch on the rear fronts yet to go on mainly because of lockdown....
I'll measure it when I get chance

·
Registered
188 Posts
If your able to fit everything up yourself maybe they’re worth a shout. Online reviews on the brand aren’t to bad.
But if you have to pay for the fitting plus all the steering geometry will need setting up then the monetary risk goes up.

Personally it’s not an area I would be compromising 👍👍👍

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If your able to fit everything up yourself maybe they’re worth a shout. Online reviews on the brand aren’t to bad.
But if you have to pay for the fitting plus all the steering geometry will need setting up then the monetary risk goes up.

Personally it’s not an area I would be compromising 👍👍👍
I paid £160 to get them installed. Once there on you can make adjustments easy enough with a jack and a couple of hours spare time.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Thanks re the measurements when you get chance. That's a very good price regarding fitting! me and my stepson did the rears but not easy getting ramp time at the minute 😭
So we are waiting to get the fronts on but the back has made a big difference already

·
Registered
404 Posts

Exactly the same apart from the springs which are Eibachs own and the fronts use springs from their race series. Have made by KW all over them and stainless steel on the fronts I paid £600 which is literally what the Bilstein B14's go for and they seem way to firm from what I've read...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts