Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Em i have ordered my up! :D

Was wondering has anyone heard about if anyone is making coilovers for then yet?

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
ok girl question here.... explain what a coilover is?

·
Registered
59 Posts
its a coil spring that goes over the shock absorber. essentially the up has "coilovers"already, but what us Modders call coilovers are a single unit shock and spring, with adjustable height.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
ok, so you'd replace the ones it already has to be able to lower the car?

·
Registered
143 Posts
willowaz, thats not a girl question, I was about to ask as I did not know what they were and I'm an engineer...... The only reason I did not is I saw you had already asked.

Meep Meep

·
294 Posts
Yea, allows you to alter the ride height of your car and make it look like this;

Can make the ride slightly bumpy though

Edited by: Dan

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Roadrunner said:
willowaz, thats not a girl question, I was about to ask as I did not know what they were and I'm an engineer...... The only reason I did not is I saw you had already asked.

Meep Meep
thanks that makes me feel a little better, i kinda guessed roughly what they were but needed to ask.
my brother is always modifying his and other peoples cars, and i never really ask what he is doing. his car most definatly is an uncomfortable ride when there are any bumps because its sooo low

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just ordered my Up and it's supposed to be a "sensible" car after my current car (coilovers wound so low you can't even use dropkerbs)...

Like the idea of a 35mm drop with the AwesomeGTI springs, just to take the edge off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts