Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like I have whistling noise, and It happens only when it's cold outside, and while the engine is still cold (after a few minutes of idle). While in neutral, everything's fine.

But when I move, if I change the gears as the car suggests, everytime I go into the next gear, and push the accelerator pedal, the car starts making this strange noise, and it goes away as the revs get higher. The noise lasts for a few seconds. If I change gears at a little higher revs (~2500rpm) there is no noise. When the car gets hot, the noise goes away. So it happens for the first 2-3 minutes of driving. It seems to me (so maybe it's just me), that it happens more often when it's wet outside. The sound is very strange, and I can't determine the particular place where it comes from.

Anyone had the same problem?
Or it's not problem at all?

Thank you everyone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Milos said:
It seems like I have whistling noise, and It happens only when it's cold outside, and while the engine is still cold (after a few minutes of idle). While in neutral, everything's fine.

But when I move, if I change the gears as the car suggests, everytime I go into the next gear, and push the accelerator pedal, the car starts making this strange noise, and it goes away as the revs get higher. The noise lasts for a few seconds. If I change gears at a little higher revs (~2500rpm) there is no noise. When the car gets hot, the noise goes away. So it happens for the first 2-3 minutes of driving. It seems to me (so maybe it's just me), that it happens more often when it's wet outside. The sound is very strange, and I can't determine the particular place where it comes from.

Anyone had the same problem?
Or it's not problem at all?

Thank you everyone.

my up has only 600km and have the same problem as yours, anyone know what is this?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I'm no mechanic it could be a number of things from a slipping belt, bearing or even water pump. It's important that you report it to your dealer and let them test it for themselves. Sod's law says it won't make the noise for the engineer but at least you will have reported it if something happens in the future.

·
Registered
59 Posts
If I drive my up through a deep puddle at the end of my street, for the next few mins it whistles when accerating, I wasn't worried as my fiesta does it too. I presumed water got into something underneath which dries off. Doesn't do it any other time, just through puddles.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi reading your posts, regarding your whistling noise ,sounds to me it could well be a gearbox bearing. As you all say, when hot or warming up it goes away.
I would report it to the dealer but may be you will have to leave your vehicle there
for most of the day for it to cool down, as the oil takes quite some time to cool.
That's if it is the gear box bearing,hope you all get it sorted soon,
Regards Phill....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts