Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collected my UP! High yesterday. Great car but what a let down the delivery process was. Salesman did not even show us round the car, did not even take the bait when the better half complained that she had to buy mats ! Even worse when I tried to use the maps + more this morning I had not been given the password. Had to ring Navigon to get that sorted. Dearler seemed more concerned that I did not give them top marks on the survey sheet, wonder why!!!!
Great car I fear spoiled by dealers that are maybe a bit to "UP" themselves.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi, I know exactly what you mean about the dealers...
Wheni first went in to have a look at one all the salesman was interested in selling me was the GAP insurance and the Body treatment even though i told him before he started telling me about them that i didnt want them. I ended up arguing with him and left the dealer feeling very angry.

I vowed never to go back to this dealer. Then to my amazement he started calling me for a test drive at 8.30pm at night and when i told him i was too busy to talk he then pestered me on a Sunday morning at 8pm and it went on and on... until i told him to just leave me alone.

Since then i went to another dealer for a test drive with no pressure sales and a really nice atmosphere...

Guess who got the order??

I feel you pain.... only hope owning and driving the car overshadows this bad experience.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Hey! super glad you got your car!

and dont worry about the dealer! You get them! some are complete muppets and all they think about is getting your money! Others actually care about you and your needs and bend over backwards to help you out! I had a similar experience last year with a salesman, he was useless so I gave him a bad marks on his survey! this year I got the nicest salesman ever, couldn't do any more for me! really pleased. All I need now is my car :D

Again, so happy you have your car and one other thing ..... PICTURES :D!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi there, our dealer is a friendly chap... will see how things go on delivery. But don't let someones misguided eagerness steal your joy from having your car!

Well done!!
And agree... Pics!!

·
Registered
553 Posts
So glad to hear people are finally getting their high UP!s

Sounds like very shoddy performance from your local VW garage I'd report them to VW UK !

Won't take away your poor experience but might improve things for some other poor sole!

Still awaiting ours so take heart in the fact you have what a lot of people are still waiting for.

Enjoy!

Pics inside and out would be great.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
such a shame your VW dealer was a bit of an idiot, mine has been great so far, but like everyone else has said, there are ones out there who just want the money.

all very exciting you got your lovely new up! cant wait to see some pictures of it! :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Pics please!! As for the dealer best advice is complain to the sales manager and VW customer service as this will mean the dealers customer satisfaction rating for the quarter will be affected...not something a sales manager wants!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts