Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I 'be been looking for an Up or a Citigo or a Mii for a little time now and have eventually found a dealer demo a which is registered last year and is a 5 door 60 ps Toca. Mii and I collect it on Tuesday. my only misgiving so far, and I haven'collected it yet, is that it has only a repair kit for the tyres and not the real thing or a temporary space saver. I didn't look under the boot floor to see if there is space for a spare tyre but if there is it'l have to be a steel one with the bolts that go with steel wheels..
I was very impressed during the short test drive and even my other half who doesn't like small cars was enthusiastic although I don't think we'll have too many long journeys together..
II shall be enquiring about changing the Day run running light bulbs to LED's if they can be changed without too much hassle.
Tonio

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey exciting times! There is a space in the boot for a spare wheel! And changing the running lights is as easy as unlocking the filler cap to fuel up!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Itzben said:
Hey exciting times! There is a space in the boot for a spare wheel! And changing the running lights is as easy as unlocking the filler cap to fuel up!
So, difficult for some persons ...

Concerning the spare wheel ...
I had one in my Lupo and thought if I should get one for my up!.
I decided: NO ...

How often do you control the pressure of your spare wheel?
Well; I never did - and so, the spare wheel had much too low pressure (and wouldn't have been useful ...
I also kept my Lupo 10.5 years. This means that you should also change the spare wheel cause after about 7 years you should change tyres (no matter how much miles you made) ...

So, I decided to take the repair kit ...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Inclined to agree. Can't remember the last time I had a puncture.Also saves me a few quid.

·
Registered
149 Posts
tonio said:
Inclined to agree. Can't remember the last time I had a puncture.Also saves me a few quid.
First thing I did when I bought my wife her ex-demo Mii was to buy a brand new spare wheel to replace the utterly useless tyre repair kit which is the scourge of many modern cars. I bought it from Heritage Volkswagen Bristol as it worked out to be the best price. Got the full kit including jack, wrench, foam cut-out etc.
I once hit a piece of concrete in my Merc a few years ago, and it tore a hole in the tyre big enough to put my hand through. No amont of tyre gunk would fix that. Also, with alloy wheels, if you get a puncture which you temporarily fix using the can, the tyre garage will not be able to then fix that puncture, and would probably charge a fee to clean the alloy wheel inside...I just check the spare tyre pressure once every few months or so. I would always have a spare on board...

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I have a spare but always carry a wee 12v compressor.....after all, why have tyres and be without the ability to inflate them (though I do live in the rural countryside)

Thankfully, I've only ever had to use the compressor on other peoples cars!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Privatedoc said:
I have a spare but always carry a wee 12v compressor.....after all, why have tyres and be without the ability to inflate them (though I do live in the rural countryside)

Thankfully, I've only ever had to use the compressor on other peoples cars!
That's a good point. I have a spacesaver spare on my Civic, but also carry the 12v compressor supplied by Honda. Best of both worlds.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Collected the Mii today and guess what? There is a steel spare wheel under the boot floor covering. Result! Must be a standard fit with the Toca.Love the noise it makes with foot hard down in second gear.
This little car makes me realise just how much car design has come on since I last had a car with an engine less than one litre. It was an Austin Se7en in 1960. I also had a 997cc Mini Cooper in 1962 and the Mii would run rings around that car . Just wish I still had it because it would be worth many, many times what I paid for it.
Still trying to get to grips with the sat nav, media, phone etc. Have paired my iPhone and persuaded it to play music tracks from the phone but it's going to take a long time before I can easily use all the features. Steep learning curve for a technophobe like me.
Tonio

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Congrats Tonio time for some pictures for the gallery??

·
Registered
149 Posts
That is a result getting the spare supplied. My friend recently bought a new 14 plate Mii Toca and the spare wheel is not supplied as standard. Just the tyre repair kit. Hope you enjoy your Toca. We really like our little Mii- great fun and really cheap to run.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pics will be supplied for the gallery but I just wondered if it's necessary to blank out the registration plate. I see quite a few pix where this has been done, and I suppose it's to prevent the vehicle being cloned.
If it is advisable then I shall need instruction on how to do it. That's the technophobe in me coming out again.
Tonio

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
stick a bit of paper over the plate with blu-tac before you take the picture! easy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought I'd have to get involved with Photoshop. Silly me. Didn't think outside the box.Tonio

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Tonio,

I don't care about the number plate ...
Someone who wants to steal my car steals it anyway ...

It might be good if you post illegal customizing ...
Or if you admit to drive while drunk every day ...
But even then ... Will the police check this forum, find out the car and control you then?

People do a lot not to show their number plate - but tell their whole life at facebook ...

I
earn my money with marketing - including image manipulation. Sometimes
it is such a pitty that a wonder photo has been destroyed by deleting
the number plate ...

The NSA knows all data anyway ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts