Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a call from the dealers and the car is there, its now being prepared i.e. Valet, Mudflaps, Number plates & Services. I have also chosen my number plate and aftercompletingall the paper work tomorrow i can take it home..................Finally the wait is over......Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PICTURES TO FOLLOW :D

·
Registered
592 Posts
How long did you have to wait?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i ordered on the 10th November......But i didn't order the model with the sun roof, I hear this is why there is a delay on orders? You?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Ordered a High UP 3 door ASG (no sunroof) last Thursday (3rd Jan). Told 3 months but hoping for 2 months like yourself.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Yes - leather look seats, sound pack, city braking, sports pack, rear sensors etc

·
Registered
397 Posts
Ordered High up! with almost every extra (incl sun roof) on 2 Nov 2012. It's just arrived at UK port I've heard 2 days ago.

Edited by: PeterWestSussex

·
Registered
592 Posts
That sounds good, especially (and assuming) there was a factory shut down over Xmas. There is hope for me yet.

·
Registered
811 Posts
It's very exciting picking up the new car - enjoy! Will you put some pictures up?

I've just been told my High Up 5 door will arrive at the dealer tomorrow - I don't know when I can get it yet though. I was quite lucky there, I only ordered it at the beginning of December. There just happened to be one of the right spec built but not allocated. The main holdup was Christmas.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Luck man....hope I am as fortunate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WOW! Had my up for 3 days now and all i can say is its sooooooooooo much better than i thought. Honestly i was worried about all the reviews on here about the gear box, road noise, leaks, lights and the clutch, but none of them are issues at all, the car is comfortable, spacious and with my spec does everything i could possibly want.......The only thing that is annoying me is the seat belt sound as im a naughty boy and never where my belt, but this is making me wear it!

Also when i picked up the dealers told me that it may drink fuel for the first couple of weeks but iv filled it up costing me about £48 quid and iv done 75 miles in it and its still is on the full tank mark.......Iv fallen hard for this car hahahaha

I will up load pics when i get a day off, hadn't had the time to take any at the moment, If you have any questions feel free to ask?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Yeah ive fallen 4 mine as well absolutely love it and i got annoyed with the seat belt noise as well but the missus jus turns up the radio!!! (Although our real solution shud b 2 wear the belts haha!!!)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm quite surprised there's still people around in this day and age that still sneer at wearing seatbelts, its like second nature to me to wear one in the car. Glad you're enjoying your up! though.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
dmn100 said:
I'm quite surprised there's still people around in this day and age that still sneer at wearing seatbelts, its like second nature to me to wear one in the car. Glad you're enjoying your up! though.
And more so that it's funny not to wear them. I personally think it's a disgrace.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Agree above 2 posts.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
The problem with not wearing a belt these days is that the air bag will kill you if the crash doesn't. I believe you have to be at least 30cm away from it if it goes off to avoid serious injury. No belt = point blank explosion.

I don't even like balloons popping, so hope I never experience an air bag in the face... Lol..

·
Registered
128 Posts
In February 1998 I wasdriving a Polo 1.9L when a girl driving aFord Fiesta came off a roundabout too fast and hit me just to the left of the headlight.She went down the wingand bounced off the Apillar.The car was knoked off course stopping before it collided with a lamp post. I had a seat belt on fortunately and the airbag went off.
Repairs to the car were £5500 and repairs to me...there weren't any apart from a sore thumb caused because Ihad my hand on the spoke of the steering wheel when the airbag went off and a sore toe caused by the impactwhich removed my foot from the accelerator pedal and planted itagainst the brake pedal.

That is why a seat belt should be worn.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts