Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I am close to order my up!, but i´m still having trouble choosing color. White or Tungsten silver?

As i see it:
White is pretty, especially with Triangle and darker windows, but gets dirty really easy? (If i go with white, it´ll probably get some stripes or blacked out roof!)

Tungsten silver also looks good, and might hide the dirt a bit better? (Maybe some black (white!?) stripes..)

I´d really like if you could come with experience from your up! :D

- Kaversen

·
Registered
296 Posts
We have the tungsten. Looks good and not so bright as a silver car. Doesn't show normal road dirt too badly. Certainly mud flaps help keep the rear cleaner.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I own a black Lupo which hasn't been washed for 10 years now!

My car will become a black one again I think ...

I am not sure why VW called the Black "Perl Effekt". Is is only because it's kind of metallic pearl black - or is is because water "pearls down better" (don't know if it's correct English but that's the German translation) ...
A kind of Lotus effect ...

After 10 years of not washing it, it is still dry inside!
Also have no problems with rust.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have had a candy white up since Nov 12 and in 3 weeks i'm trading it in for a tungsten silver up. I guess that speaks volumes for my 15 months of candy white ownership.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AlanG said:
I have had a candy white up since Nov 12 and in 3 weeks i'm trading it in for a tungsten silver up. I guess that speaks volumes for my 15 months of candy white ownership.

So you would, now, based on your experience, choose Tungsten? :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Kaversen said:
AlanG said:

So you would, now, based on your experience, choose Tungsten? :)
The candy white looks smart when it is clean and the black glass tailgate contrasts nicely. However, the winter filth spoils everything. The tungsten silver should hopefully disguise some of that filth and the up does look classy in it whether it is winter or summer - although its downsides are its £500 cost and some people think it looks more grey than silver.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Mine is I'm tungsten silver, identical to Osprey's above. I think the colour looks smart with the spoked alloys.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Tungsten Silver does suit the Up very well. I love the way it expands the Cars Dynamics.

I, as you can read, have a Basic Take Up in Red. No regrets.One year on it still looks smart, whether dirty or clean.

Go well.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a high up in Tungsten Silver with the sport pack. One thing I have done to improve the colour scheme was to replace the white hub caps with the black ones. I have also changed the front indicator bulbs to ones that look silver when they are off.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
if tungsten had been available when I ordered our 2, would have gone for it....as it was we only got the choice of white or black and decided white was better as wanted the white dash.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Currently my Move Up is light blue (so light looks white in 80% of lighting).. have a Tornado Red High Up coming though..

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've got Tungsten Silver and think it looks great.

I had the choice of either that or the white (they were the two colours the dealer could get in time for when I was looking to take delivery) and despite the extra cost the silver won the day.

It does a great job of concealing road dirt, and there aren't so many around in that colour either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts