Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm hoping some of you guys can provide the answers for a few questions regarding the high up:
- if I ordered tornado red, is the red dash the same red? (It only says red for dash(whereas mayan blue is listed for both).
- is up white available to order new? I'm presuming not as it's not in the brochure (that is my ideal colour combi).
- the new sports pack has a black roof lining, could you still have sports pack (suspension/tinted windows/alloys but have the older white roof? (Female so don't want it too manly)
Thanks

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
As far as I know, both red are the same ...

White should still be able to order.
Colours stayed the same 2014 and now "2015" (since May).
You can't take white + white dash! White means grey or black dash ...

Sport pack(s) automatically mean black roof lining since 2015 ...
(as far as I know not only "Triangle" but also "Polygon"!)

Try the VW UK online config system ...

I tried the German config (which is a bit easyer to handle) ...

White up!
> Salsa Red seats = red / black / silver dash
> Black seats, brown-beige or Leatherette = black / silver dash

Red up!
> Salsa Red seats = red / black / silver / white dash
> Black seats or Leatherette = black / red dash

Edited by: Cadfael

·
Registered
171 Posts
NDG said:
is up white available to order new?
'Fraid not
""“ it and the up! black were special editions which were replaced last year (in the UK) by the Groove up! and Rock up!.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi +2/3 e,

You are right that there were the "black up!" and "white up" special editions.
They had the chrome pack and the "Classic" alloys.

There has been another white before (don't know if on the "white up!").
But I think the current white is the white everybody thinks about when talking about a white up! ...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 2014 Tornado Red High Up, with Red dash / dark cloth, and yep the reds match perfectly.....

Looks great to....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone, Bman do you have any pics? I haven't actually seen other than white the same body and dash colour. I'm torn between tornado red or Mayan blue. Hmm decisions...

·
Registered
851 Posts
NDG said:
Thanks everyone, Bman do you have any pics? I haven't actually seen other than white the same body and dash colour. I'm torn between tornado red or Mayan blue. Hmm decisions...
To help you decide, imagine you've had your car for a year and you're looking out the lounge window at your car on the drive. What colour would make you smile the widest?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AlanG, I read that and instantly thought red and smiled. My dad loved red vw's (he commit suicide). Thanks

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
NDG said:
AlanG, I read that and instantly thought red and smiled. My dad loved red vw's (he commit suicide). Thanks
Then you might take the Mayan Blue?

NO!
AlanG is 100% correct to my mind ...
I am in musician forums and many people ask if they shall take a "Stratocaster", a "Telecaster" or a "Les Paul" model. The guitar influences the sound BUT as long as the decision isn't absolutely nuts, you should let your HEART decide!

If you instantly thought "red" - this should be your colour!

And the red-black contrast because of the back door is just great!

For a red high up!, I would take a red dash and red Salsa seats ...
My up! (black - will get it this Friday) will have red dash and red Salsa seats, too.
I posted some pics in my "Balck Beauty" thread. Imagine it had red outside ...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes I think red is the way to go. Either with red salsa or leather seats.

Your up is gorgeous Cadfael!!! I like the chrome pack and the 5 doors
. Like the black too but my current car (beetle) is black with cream leather interior. Do you know how dirty black gets?!

Question - is the red salsa beige or grey? I can't work it out from the pics. The only thing that puts me off lighter colours is it getting dirty.

Bet you can't wait to collect it. Post more pics inside when you get it...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does this help??? For what its worth the Mayan Blue is fab and had me totally split on which one to go for. This there is a couple on here with one of each....

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
For the record, there are actually 3 whites.....Candy ...current,
Pure......up! white only
Oryx......pearlescent but £££££££££

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Here is a thread where you can see the salsa seats very well:
http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/salsa-red-grey-seats-easy-to-keep-clean_topic3420.html

It is a very light/bright beige.
You could also call it "vintage white"; a colour Fender uses for its guitars.
An "aged, browned white" ...

It is NOT this "classic VW beige" of the 70s and 80s which reminds of dog poo ...

I love the colours and styles of the German and English motorbikes and cars of the 1950s/60s.
The Salsa Red/Beige reminds me of some cars from this era (NSU Prinz30).

The black interior might be easyier to clean - but the Salsa red made me smile (to repeat AlanG).
Months ago I thought about a rainy morning in October when I have to drive to work. Bad mood. What would make me smile / feel better? I answered: The Salsa Red interior (with a red dash).

I also thought about the company car park. Many of our employees have company cars - which are bigger and more expensive. I thought to tell them: "Your cars may be bigger and more expensive - but mine has style!"

On every car park my interior will be noticed ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts