Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I've decided I want to lease (lease contract purchase) the lovely Move Up, which gives me the option of buying the car at the end with a balloon payment. I have a few questions, would really be grateful for any advice (I have just passed my test so very new to all this).

Does anyone know of any good leasing deals for the VW Move Up? Have been the VW Bristol showroom already but don't know if this is any good.

Am stuck on colour and thinking the white or the red, any thoughts or other suggestions?

Does anyone have the free corn silk interior? It looks like it would make the car a lot lighter, a good thing.

I can maybe afford 1 x extra at a push, what are the leather look seats like or is it better to go for the winter pack?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but you are the experts

Many thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Red if you can keep it polished, go for winter pack and light interior .try Orangewheels they do pcp with cheaper deals.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank-you so much for that advice that sounds like a really good choice and will check that company out

·
Registered
145 Posts
Trust me on this GET THE LEATHER LOOK PACK! I had a red take up! and felt like I down graded :( boring plastic's and no electrics. So I upgraded to white move up! with leather look and sound pack and maps and more, anyway wow what a change feels like a luxury up! comes with leather wheel, gearstick, handbrake and seats! and a flashy black dash :D I always preferred white cars but as soon as I got rid of the red take up I started missing the colour, I guess you grow to like it. Also after a while I could see the colour fading in the sun :( thats was after polishing it though :/ so be careful when cleaning it! I say go for white you need to clean it often but it looks clean and classy :)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
That is a difficult one! I think I agree with Hugo Up, defo red with the cornsilk dash etc and winter pack!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Cornsilk all the way...

Mine is still clean after a year.

The photos are from a year ago though.. Lol

·
Registered
811 Posts
Never mind red, it's too common. Go for the light blue, it looks fantastic. I'd go for the leather-look interior and cornsilk dash though. I didn't but I wish I had.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I've got dark blue and cornsilk. It's cheerful and better than black. (Daughter's words, but i think she is right.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I picked up my White move up yesterday, it has a dark interior (not sure what its called though!) But it looks great! I've never had a white car and I've had most colours under the sun (been driving 12 years, this is my 14th car!) And I was worried about white but managed to get the paint for free after haggling for a bit make sure you do that! Saved me £200! Now I've have been outside this morning wiping any dirt marks off (ocd in me) but the sun is shining and Ursula up looks lovely in white but I did aee a red yesterday with waffle wheels and it looked very sporty so the choice would be yours! Good luck

·
Registered
176 Posts
I would say to listen to the advice on choosing colours given by previous posters on this forum.

But additionally, VW's Personal Contract deals are pretty good. But make sure you get quotes on both the Move up! and the High up!

Because the High up! has a higher residual value you will find that to buy on a PCP, there is very little difference in costs, yet you get all the extra equipment.

·
Registered
592 Posts
thedustdolly said:
Defo go for move up, extras do make a difference for not much more cost on a monthly contract
I think you meant High up.

White High up with sports pack (ie: black alloys/lowered suspension/rear tinted glass) and leather look interior - no comparison!

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have the cornsilk interior! its a bitch! never again!! the least bit of moisture on the seats (rain drops, water drops) stain the seats!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Craig200588 said:
I have the cornsilk interior! its a bitch! never again!! the least bit of moisture on the seats (rain drops, water drops) stain the seats!!!
Had the same problem in Gpunto with light blu interior, never again too.. Only dark interiors from now on..

·
Registered
202 Posts
Leif said:
The Up looks good in any colour, unlike some cars. I have the standard white, and I hated white cars, until the only one available was white, and I discovered that I liked it. My favourite is red. The yellow Mii is nice.
Red is number one I agree.. Sorry but yellow cars are just wrong!! They shouldn't even be allowed on the road! Only joking :p but I do find yellow cars ugly though sorry...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
scarja said:
Leif said:
The Up looks good in any colour, unlike some cars. I have the standard white, and I hated white cars, until the only one available was white, and I discovered that I liked it. My favourite is red. The yellow Mii is nice.
Red is number one I agree.. Sorry but yellow cars are just wrong!! They shouldn't even be allowed on the road! Only joking :p but I do find yellow cars ugly though sorry...
I think yellow is the Marmite colour, a lot of people hate yellow cars. Doesn't James May have a yellow Ferrari? That is two mistakes in my view.

·
Registered
235 Posts
All this chat about colours is fine, but can we get this thread back on topic!

Any more news of the up! GT? Last I heard was it is due in the UK in November.

Anyone with some updated insider news?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
wonder if they will do some special GT only colours for the up GT?.......eyes remain peeled but the GT trail has gone a bit cold right now.......they seem to be pushing the E-Up for the UK though with a 100 mile battery range....bleugh!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Privatedoc said:
wonder if they will do some special GT only colours for the up GT?.......eyes remain peeled but the GT trail has gone a bit cold right now.......they seem to be pushing the E-Up for the UK though with a 100 mile battery range....bleugh!
100 miles isn't much, but with a charging time of only 30 mins to 80% it could be more workable than other electric vehicles.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts