Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I haven't seen anyone mentioning this specific commercial about the Up!

Found it while browsing youtube and thought it's actually quite funny :) Kinda makes me want the front sensor now cause you never know during these summer times if your eyes wonder around the pavements! ;)

[TUBE]skBmePMo-Pg[/TUBE]

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Great find!What about the bus behind him that hasn't got city braking! Lol!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Here's another if you haven't seen it.

[TUBE]6ZmLWe8-8sE[/TUBE]

·
Registered
956 Posts
ZillUp said:
Now I haven't seen anyone mentioning this specific commercial about the Up!

Found it while browsing youtube and thought it's actually quite funny :) Kinda makes me want the front sensor now cause you never know during these summer times if your eyes wonder around the pavements! ;)
Great ad, very funny

Edited by: clowesa

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I think both adverts have been posted a long time ago on here, but its great to see them again cos they are both pretty funny!

·
Registered
727 Posts
This one goes out to all those who haven't yet taken delivery of their new up!

[TUBE]TrxlqCjTEWg[/TUBE]

·
Registered
727 Posts
This one I've seen on German speaking TV (it includes subtitles).

[TUBE]rbAv5PWTd7M[/TUBE]

·
Registered
727 Posts
This one is actually for a VW Golf but it's cute. He whispers "Drehzahlmesser" (tachometer) in her ear but when questioned about it he stutters and says "yes.. no.. no.. no, I didn't say that".

[TUBE]anAq5W5QvFY[/TUBE]

·
Registered
304 Posts
Cool ads... If you actually think about the up! It is actually a really simple idea, well done, and for the life of me I can't understand why any other manufacturer hasn't thought of it... That is a small, reasonably priced, car that has the features of a big car!

That is it, big car space, big car electric features (heated seats, wash wipe that slows if you stop at lights, sat nav, etc etc) big car safety...it's just a big car in a little package... But a small car where it matters, fuel consumption, 'nippyness', parking, tax, emissions etc...

Now why hasn't anyone else come up with this sooner? If they build a small car, they go straight down the cheap and actually not that cheerful route.... Which frankly has always put me off in the past...Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
727 Posts
Back on track now with another VW up! advert (in German).

[TUBE]2e1kDY-aLDI[/TUBE]

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ooo err misses! The previous video is Racy in both senses of the word... Wouldn't be allowed over here in UK before 9pm watershed.... We are all proofs over here!Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
304 Posts
Why don't they advertise the up! Over here hardly at all... Don't think I have ever seen an ad on tv yet... Lots for Citigo by skoda but none for the Up! Best kept secret there is!

·
Registered
727 Posts
This one is goes back nearly 5 years when the up! was nothing more than an idea on a drawing board.

translation:

Only if a car has embossed an era.
If it became an attitude to life and gave a whole generation it's name.
Only if a car isn't only large, but is full of greatness.
If it is a home for many families and let participate everyone in it's innovations.
If it doesn't settle for records and creates new technologies, which afford new paths.
Only if a car thinks already today of tomorrow..

then it is.. "Das Auto"

[TUBE]pMpuWyZlSvY[/TUBE]

·
Registered
705 Posts
Markmod1 said:
Cool ads... If you actually think about the up! It is actually a really simple idea, well done, and for the life of me I can't understand why any other manufacturer hasn't thought of it... That is a small, reasonably priced, car that has the features of a big car!

That is it, big car space, big car electric features (heated seats, wash wipe that slows if you stop at lights, sat nav, etc etc) big car safety...it's just a big car in a little package... But a small car where it matters, fuel consumption, 'nippyness', parking, tax, emissions etc...

Now why hasn't anyone else come up with this sooner? If they build a small car, they go straight down the cheap and actually not that cheerful route.... Which frankly has always put me off in the past...

I always thought that the Lancia Ypsilon was supposed to be an upmarket small car? Now that we can get hold of them in right-hand drive, rebadged as a Chrysler, we can see if this is actually true.

I suppose the current top of the posh class in teenie motors has to be the Aston Martin Cygnet. The only snag is that you have to buy a DB9 to be be able to order one. And would you want to if you had DB9 levels of spare cash?

Nick

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ooo Lancia... Let's hope they have improved their reliability and quality over the years, although great cars form thier history, stratos, fulvia and integrale to name a few, they used to have a reputation much like Alfa Romeo had/ have?, in that as the car sits on your drive they say you used to be able to hear 'the rust eating them up'!!

Also looking at the styling of the lancia/ Chrysler I'm not sure they have undstood the brief, of small car with big car features... They have took it literally by shoving on a Bentley front grill and large car body styling.... The usual error! I wouldn't want one of these instead of an up, personal preference I know, each to their own and all that.... But with the lancia/ Chrysler I can only ask where has all the 'cool car' gone?Edited by: Markmod1

1 - 16 of 16 Posts