Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these little cars suffer terribly with condensation on the windscreen when cold etc,
just a thought, it can be caused in the cabin by cold metal as its warm on the inside but the metal is cold thus producing condensation,
think van roof when the cabin is warm but there is condensation on the roof in the back but not in the cabin area as it has a headlining.
,the only reason I come to this is after cleaning my up and generally looking aroung the inside if you look in the foot wells behind the trims,
there is bare meatal there,and quite a lot of it not covered in any sound deadening,
after taking the footwell trims off you can get quite a large piece of deadening in there approx. 24 inches x10 inches,
obviously you have to cut to fit around the bonnet pull and wires going out to the wings/doors etc, the fuse box side is a bit more difficult but I am giving it a go and see what happens.
just a thought but every thing helps!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Wasnt this down to a incorrectly fitted AC on early UP!s? it happens on my 2012 on ice cold mornings and the AC doesnt help. It also seems to condensate on the inside and outside with perhaps some sort of material on the glass causing it. I have used rain-x on the inside and outside, which is alcohol based so I'm sure the inside and outside of the glass is clean of greases and oils.

it never happened in my passat or sandero, so I think its something unique to the ups.

I have added extra seals and foam to my up to the point the door requires more force to close (unless the window is open) to suggest the sealing is better.

my only theory is that is happens more if I put bottles of water in cabin (to create condensation and moisture from the outside of the bottle). I dont know where the AC drain is inside the cabin, so I dont know if there is a level of moisture kept in the heat exchange when the car is turned off and exacerbated by a cold following morning.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it happens to my 2015 reg,aswell
I think you may be on to something with the level of moisture kept in the heat exchanger,
this is the only car I have owned that this does it, never did it in my lupo,passat,golf,polo,tiguan just this one,

·
Registered
212 Posts
Historically it is moisture bleed from the de-humidifier overnight. full blast on re-circ normally clears it, but important to switch back to external air quite quickly as, after a while it starts to just build back on its self. If there is a leak on a seal the leak bleeds even more moisture back into the cabin...............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts