Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just so you folks know, there are now 3 manufacturers making adjustable coilover suspension for the up!

KW Inox V1 - 1028000C - £789
Weitec Hicon GT - 1328000C - £680
H&R Monotube -28953-1 - £780

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yup, but they are adjustable and you get a much greater drop than 35mm. They will stiffen the ride up a bit too, as instead of just replacing the springs, you are swapping out the whole suspension unit. Edited by: Davec86

·
Registered
261 Posts
or if on a budget, let some air out of the tyres? definately lowers the car :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been doing some research about coilover for the UP! As I want some for mine.

I've been told that the Polo 6R coilover can be used on the UP.

Can someone confirm this for me as they're only £169 as appose to £680.

Thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Zobro said:
I've been doing some research about coilover for the UP! As I want some for mine.

I've been told that the Polo 6R coilover can be used on the UP.

Can someone confirm this for me as they're only £169 as appose to £680.

Thanks.

Are you sure? You're not going to get a set of coilovers for £169 unless they fell out of a Kinder egg!

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nothing wrong with the more 'budget' brand of coilover, I have them on my daily Peugeot van, and also on my Honda Civic which was magazine featured.

You just need to be aware that cheaper coils use 'generic' springs that could be too hard or soft for the car. I get around this by calculating what spring rate I need, and buying new springs from Rally Design for £40/pair. The damping rate from the shcok still won't be quite right though.

Looking online at the part numbers for the front shocks of the 6R Polo and the up!, they are identical apart from chassis code prefix, so highly likely that they will fit. However I cannot GUARANTEE this is the case. Do you know someone with a 6R who has fitted coilovers? Maybe you could borrow one of their stock shock absorbers to check?

Polo 6R front shock P/N -6R0 413 031 C

http://vagcats.info/base/vw/3/2216/672/4/6345

up! front shock P/N -1S0 413 031 C

http://vagcats.info/base/vw/3/2475/723/4/1167

·
Registered
145 Posts
shakotanVIP said:
If you use Google Chrome, it will translate the Russian into English, makes it much easier to navigate. Will have a look regarding the rears when I'm not browsing via my phone.
Please could you find out about the rears? you'd be doing ALOT of people a massive favour if we found coilovers that only cost £168!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I never thought of that what if alot of us bought them together as a group we could get a "job lot, wholesale" discount maybe??

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
At the moment yes. If I remember whilst I'm in on a warranty tomorrow, I'll ask parts for the numbers for the front and rear struts of the Up! and 6R

·
Registered
142 Posts
Davec86 said:
At the moment yes. If I remember whilst I'm in on a warranty tomorrow, I'll ask parts for the numbers for the front and rear struts of the Up! and 6R

I think a lot of people will be waiting for your findings, must be a vw thing and lowering them :) this will be my 5th. 1973beetle, 1963beetle, 1965 splitscreen crewcab, 1985 twin slider mini bus.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts